What's new

Introducing Brandzilla.com.au - An Australian Business Name Marketplace

brandpluck

Hi All,

I have been domaining for around 8 years now, initially focussing on .com domains, then moving on to .net, .org, .co, .me, and ultimately .com.au's. I am passionate about domaining and love the feeling of connecting a business with their desired name.

I used to be a large seller on BrandBucket, with around 2,000 names listed. While on BrandBucket, I wondered why there wasn't a similar option for Australians. A place where domainers could showcase their domains, with a logo, carefully tagged with keywords and categorised for ease of search and navigation. So I decided to start Brandzilla.

https://brandzilla.com.au/

Brandzilla is a curated marketplace for Australian domains, with a little room for .com's, .org's and .me's. Will consider adding new extensions in the future. All logos are designed in-house.

I have not yet opened the site up to other domainers, but that is the intent, and I will charge a small commission for the following services.

1. Logo design for your name;
2. SEO for the site;
3. Paid advertising;
4. Tagging and categorisation of all names; and
5. All other promotion.

All names on the site must be very high quality. Preferably one word dictionary terms, or very good two word names e.g. SafeKeep. There is some discretion here. But they should be names that a business would be happy to have as a brand.

We bring the following three key benefits to buyers: (1) logos that inspire and excite, (2) transparent fixed pricing, and (3) clear categorisation and tagging for ease of search/navigation. This will hopefully give the end buyer a great experience and they will likely be willing to pay a little extra for the service.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback on the site, especially whether you would consider adding your premium names exclusively with me. Currently I am targeting a commission of 20% of the sale price, which is 10% less than BrandBucket.

Thanks for reading.

Kind regards,
Cliff

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
Hi Cliff, I've seen your details on a few whois records for .com.au domains :)
All names on the site must be very high quality. Preferably one word dictionary terms, or very good two word names e.g. SafeKeep. There is some discretion here. But they should be names that a business would be happy to have as a brand.
I think quality control will be one of your key challenges. Speaking from experience, I suspect that you'll largely receive proposals for domain listings of very low quality.

I also noted on your site that you'll be vetting for sensible pricing. A noble pursuit, but I think you'll find that very difficult! Unfortunately, common sense isn't all that common; and many people have wildly unrealistic pricing expectations. Some of the ludicrous prices on netfleet.com.au and other marketplaces illustrate this well.

if you're able to nail both high quality inventory and sensible pricing, then kudos to you. I might even be a customer for some of the domains.

It's an interesting idea - best of luck with your new marketplace! :)

brandpluck

Hi Cliff, I've seen your details on a few whois records for .com.au domains :)

I think quality control will be one of your key challenges. Speaking from experience, I suspect that you'll largely receive proposals for domain listings of very low quality.

I also noted on your site that you'll be vetting for sensible pricing. A noble pursuit, but I think you'll find that very difficult! Unfortunately, common sense isn't all that common; and many people have wildly unrealistic pricing expectations. Some of the ludicrous prices on netfleet.com.au and other marketplaces illustrate this well.

if you're able to nail both high quality inventory and sensible pricing, then kudos to you. I might even be a customer for some of the domains.

It's an interesting idea - best of luck with your new marketplace! :)

Thanks so much for the feedback eBranding. Agree with all your points. The fact that the business model has been proven through BrandBucket,BrandRoot, SquadHelp, etc., gives me some comfort. However, it has never been done for .com.au's. The market is obviously much smaller, but the quality of names available is much bigger, so the balance might be there. Over the last 3 years I have sold ~30 .com.au's without doing anything, so there is a market. Hoping that the value proposition being provided by Brandzilla will increase the rate of sales.

As for the lower quality names, that is a viable concern. But I am happy to make that assessment or hire someone who will. Scanning through thousands of names per day on drop lists have given me a keen eye to quickly spot good names. Places like BrandBucket only have an approval rate of around 10%, which is what I would expect for Brandzilla.

Regarding unrealistic pricing expectations, I couldn't agree more. I think a typical names should be priced in the range of $1-2k, with the higher quality ones around $2-4k. The top tier ones or 3/4 letter pronounceable/brandable names could potentially fetch $4-15k. This is based off my own experience selling many hundreds of names. As long as sellers can realistically get in line with that, I think Brandzilla has a chance. Possible, for the best of the best, you can expect $20k+, but I expect here are only around 100 of those names in existence. However, that would be determined on a case-by-case basis.

I am considering building out a seller portal where potential sellers can easily submit names and receive feedback in a streamlined way.

If nothing else, I am happy to use Brandzilla as a showcase for my portfolio, and organically make sales over time.

If anyone is interested in listing, feel free to PM me or email me at info@brandzilla.com.au.

Thanks

brandpluck

Not really "Business Names" though are they?
Thanks for the feedback, and I was actually thinking the same thing. I changed the site around to be clearer that it is a premium domain name marketplace, with a free logo. Changed the design dramatically over the last couple of days.
Always open to additional feedback, so thanks again.

brandpluck

Looks good Cliff, I like the new design.
Thanks. Had a sale today so feeling good about it :)
I am also building out a seller portal where sellers can submit their names for inclusion. Would like to gauge interest if anyone here would be interested in listing their premium names on Brandzilla. Any name selected would be at my discretion and those that match the theme of the site i.e. names that a business can brand themselves as. Given that I am having logos designed, categorising and adding keywords, plus paid marketing, I am targeting 20% commission on sales. Thanks.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member