What's new

Interested Do I sell or Keep

aggs

I Just received an email this morning asking if I would be interetsed in selling the domain name www.yourbaby.com.au

I was going to develop the name just have not had anytime due to busy schedule. What do you think is a fair price to sell or do i Simply keep it for later development. Any feedback appreciated

Thanks

Shane

Top Contributor
I have difficulty valuing domains like this, but it is certainly a nice sounding name.

If it was mine and I had hand regged it, I'd be happy with $1,000. It could be worth more though, especially depending on the buyer.

Try and do some research and find out who the buyer is.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Try and do some research and find out who the buyer is.
Agreed.

Then just try and get the buyer to offer a price.

If that was my domain, I'd probably accept anything north of a couple hundred, but of course the price you are willing to sell it for will always depend on what you are planning to do with the domain yourself and whether you can do it with an alternative domain.

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
Has potential - definitely a four figure domain ($x,xxx), maybe a lot more.

Johnson & Johnson is the .com registrant.

Andrew

aggs

Tried doing a little research but the email came from a gmail account. It said they were interested in setting up a baby products online store website . I sent an email to the intereted party asking what they are willing to pay for the domain name and will see what they come back with.

Thanks for the feedback

whiterabit

keep it! develop the site and you could earn some nice coin on the side. Once you have a base line for income you can then ask for a bigger selling price. ;)

aggs

Okay so they got back to me with an offer of $100.00 Think I may email the interested buyer and say at this price I keep the domain name unless they offer round $3000-$5000 which I may consider, never know see how we go

Thank for the feedback

Shane

Top Contributor
Okay so they got back to me with an offer of $100.00 Think I may email the interested buyer and say at this price I keep the domain name unless they offer round $3000-$5000 which I may consider, never know see how we go

Thank for the feedback
Yeah $100 is way too low for that domain. Your intended response sounds good though, because you never know who is making that $100 offer. Just because someone offers $100 to start with doesn't mean they don't have a budget one hundred times higher.

neddy

Top Contributor

Thank for the feedback

I always find it useful to refer to recent sales. e.g.:

No doubt you have seen the prices being achieved on
> http://www.netfleet.com.au/domain-sales

This almost always helps me educate an uneducated buyer! And as for educated buyers, showing them recent sales history is basically calling their bluff!

aggs

I emailed the interested party and told them for the offer of $100.00 they placed I would not be interested in selling and that I decided to keep the domain name to develop. I received another offer shortly after for $250.00. Thanks for the feedback Neddy may point out your link on recent sales on Netfleet and also drop to highlight the value in domain names.

Thank you all for the feeback much appreciated

Cheers

joe

Top Contributor
usually best to be the first one in when naming a price, allows you to anchor them to a higher price point as opposed to them lowballing you and thereby anchoring you to a lower price

I'd hold out for a bit more on this one, it's got some branding potential

shags38

Top Contributor
spend $10 and put it in the aftermarket auction - set a good reserve (2-3k) and when you know the dates of the auction send the inquirer an email advising them that the domain is going to auction and include a direct link to the auction. If indeed they are J&J or a competitor of J&J then they will likely bid up to the reserve if they really want it - if not it was worth $10 to potentially make a lot more :)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member