What's new

Inter Linking

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I was just wondering who interlinks the sites they develop? and who is wary of Google and tries to refrain from interlinking and puts greater focus on link building for each individual site?

The exception of course is if you sites are related.

soj

Founder
Minimise your footprint and spread out your sites over multiple servers around multiple data centers and you are fine for interlinking if the sites are relevant. Best bet is to build links for each individual site.

Buy some hosting in the Sydney and Melbourne data centers of VentraIP and you'll have 2 seperate looking sites. Very good value, and will do a world of wonders for your SEO building on multiple servers.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Buy some hosting in the Sydney and Melbourne data centers of VentraIP and you'll have 2 seperate looking sites. Very good value, and will do a world of wonders for your SEO building on multiple servers.
So am I to also assume you don't recommend using Google Analytics or Google Webmaster Tools?

shags38

Top Contributor
I have 7 sites currently live and every site links to every other site - all sites are on different IP addresses, a feature of a hosting package I have - the hosting company provides individual IP's - is that the same thing you are talking about SOJ?

CNC - I figure individual linbk building is important regardless of interlinking - IMO.

cheers,
Mike

soj

Founder
With Analytics and Webmaster Tools you could do two things, have seperate accounts for seperate business/companies you have set up, hopefully which all have different details, including IP's you access them from. Otherwise just use other stats packages, reinvigorate.net is one i have been using for a while, not too bad at all.

Shags, I have used SEOHosting.com for a feature like you suggest, yes it does work to some extent, its good to go even further, and have hosting accounts from multiple web hosting companies, thats to really spread out your sites.

Another thing to consider if you are minimising footprint is not to have any google local applications like adwords editor installed, or if you do - use an application such as Little Snitch to momentarily block access when navigating between accounts. (and of course taking soj's advice on details, ip etc)

I know some agencies in the US who will only ever access Google analytics / webmaster tools via server tunnelling, usually from the server where the site is hosted makes it easy. If you manage multiple sites hosted in different locations and worried about footprint this might be a good option and once it is set up its easy to use.

Without being a conspiracy theorist, I'd use third party analytics such as reinvigorate or piwik if you have something to hide - otherwise it would be too easy to slip up.

Personally, I've never had any issues with related vertical sites being interlinked but have heard horror stories especially if some grey hat is being used.

Az

Last edited:

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members