What's new

Insurance articles

Shane

Top Contributor
Insurance & Finance Content Service

I write content for a number of insurance and finance websites, and would like to offer my services at a discount to DNtrade members.

I've worked in the finance industry for over a decade and recently sold my financial planning and insurance broking business, so I know the Australian market very well.

My work is not 'cheap' but it is of high quality. I currently write for a number of websites run by AFSL holders which are subject to strict compliance regulation and require work of a very high standard.

My content is well written and professional, and unlike most providers out there my content is technically accurate and relevant to the Australian industry.

If you're looking for cheap content and don't care if it contains inaccuracies that may mislead your visitors, then I'm not the writer for you. But if you're looking for original, high quality, technically accurate and engaging content, then I can certainly help.

My price for non-AFSL holders is $45 for a 500 word article and $90 for the 1,000 word equivalent.

I also offer discounts for bulk and ongoing orders.

For more information please PM me or visit shanemoore.com.au

Cheers
Shane.

Last edited:

neddy

Top Contributor
I've see the way you write Shane, and your articles are excellent.

Obviously your prices for articles are quite a bit higher than what you can get on oDesk or similar. But it is the old adage that you get
what you pay for. Quality lasts; crap doesn't.

Excellent that you are giving DNT members a special - so many thanks for that. I hope you get lots of take ups.

Can you also do articles on Superannuation?

Cheers, Ned

----------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: To other DNT members, Shane approached us to advertise his services via a paid banner and sticky thread etc. So we're doing a one month trial advertising deal.

Neither DN Trade or any of its partners get any kickback or commission for any deals promoted on the Domain Services thread. And unless expressly stated, nor do we recommend
any product or service. Members must do their own due diligence please.

Shane

Top Contributor
Thanks for your kind words Ned.

I do hold qualifications in superannuation and would be more than happy to provide content on super. I also run my own self managed super fund, so I can provide knowledgeable content on the SMSF sector too.

You're very right about the cost v quality issue.

I've read through quite a number of the insurance and finance websites owned by DNtrade members, and without naming names I've read some very inaccurate and misleading information.

I guess Google doesn't care about that, but I think there could be serious issues down the track.

When I worked in compliance I was involved in plenty of client cases that went to the ombudsman, and some that were dragged through the courts.

I don't want to point out anyone in particular, but some of the technical inaccuracies on DNtrade members' website are pretty serious.

Now imagine that a client of a financial adviser has made a complaint about a policy they've taken out. They try to make a claim, but the claim is knocked back by the insurer based on the policy wording.

Client: Your website told me that this would be covered.
Adviser: No it didn't, my website doesn't say anything about that.
Client: Yes it did, here's a link to the page.
Adviser: That's not my website.
Client: That's where I entered my details, so I associate that website with you.
Adviser: That information isn't relevant to Australian policies.
Client: Well it's an Australian website targeting Australian clients.

The case goes before the ombudsman or the courts...

Judge: What makes you think the policy covered that?
Client: It said it on the website.
Judge: But that's not the adviser's website.
Client: I went to this website, I read the information and believed what was said. Based on the information I then completed the enquiry form and was contacted by the financial adviser, and based on a combination of what was on the website and what the adviser told me, I decided to proceed with the cover.

In this case the judge or ombudsman (or whoever is mediating) really has no choice but to side with the client, as they have done nothing wrong and genuinely believed that the website was associated with the adviser. All the disclaimers in the world won't protect you against clearly incorrect information.

Usually damages would then be awarded to the client, and the adviser's PI insurance would cover this amount. The excess on a financial adviser's PI insurance is quite high, with the average figure being $20,000.

Now what if that adviser, either on their own or via their PI insurer, decides that they're going to chase after you - the website owner?

Could you cover the adviser's $20,000 excess? Worse still, the PI insurer may chase you for the full claim amount.

Now let me say that I've never heard of a website owner being caught up in anything like this, but I have been involved in complaints where a client has had a case against the adviser due to inaccurate or misleading information on their websites.

With the increase in leads that are going to financial advisers and other professionals via third party websites (including my own) I really think that it's just a matter of time before a website owner gets pinged for something similar to the above scenario.

Given that a single article can bring in dozens (if not hundreds) of leads at around $50 each, surely it's worthwhile spending $40 on an article that you know has been written by a qualified insurance industry professional, rather than spending $5 on an article written by some kid on the other side of the world who is probably just copy & pasting content from other overseas websites...

neddy

Top Contributor
I need some updated articles for www.superannuationguide.com.au, so I'm going to give you a crack at doing one for me Shane.

PM sent.

Cheers, Ned

geodomains

Top Contributor
If anyone is looking for a good writer of content for insurance related articles, I can highly recommend Shane, he's been excellent so far for our website www.lifeinsurance.net.au. :D

He's just done an audit of our website for old articles we had written by other writers and helped us fix up quiet a few.

Don

neddy

Top Contributor
Shane did some articles for me on "superannuation", and they were first class.

Quality is always worth paying a few $$ more for imho. What a difference they can make to your site.

Shane has got a special on at the moment - so if you're contemplating using him, now is the time. :)

Shane

Top Contributor
Special offer ending soon...

Many thanks to the DNT members who have used my services so far. :)

I've also been getting a lot of work from financial advisers and training organisations, so I'm going to have to end my special 50% discount offer at the end of this month.

If you want to grab some content while the offer is still on, please PM or email me with your order before December 1.

Cheers.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members