What's new

Indexed site question

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
If you purchased an indexed site and you then re did the site to something new , would the site lose all the benefits of haveing been indexed ?

...just wondering thanks

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
Permanently redirect the old URLs to the new ones to let GoogleBot know whats up. The will also ensure that existing SERP traffic is not lost in the interim whilst the new pages are waiting to be indexed.

Important that you look at how the current website is performing (Analytics) so you can work out how to tackle the move.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
sorry i am already lost , paz the url is the website address , i was meaning keeping the existing website address and redoing the site , ( this is just a learning question for me) but because i had just purchased the site , i was intending to make it better , so same site address , but site is redone

So if its the same site i could not redirect the old url because it the same site , am i making sense

I guess i am saying if i was selling a name , i could say its already indexed by google (even if a crappy site)

So perhaps question should be , is there a benefit to selling a name with an indexed site ?

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
If you change the structure of the website, i.e URLs

domain.com.au/sample_1234.html
301 redirect to
domain.com.au/seo-friendly-sample/

Then you will want to redirect the old URL to the new URL. That way traffic and PR will be passed from the old page to the new page.

If the site is indexed and recieves good traffic, has PageRank/backlinks then yes there is benefit.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo