What's new

immersive environments

sensoryfx

Top Contributor
Hi Guys

What I do probably isnt all that suited to the 'mini sites' many domainers use for their domains. But if you are developing a site as more of a long term investment, and you want a bit of a wow factor along with sound instructional design, Im your man. ( especially sites with flash (animation) and video )

Im also prepared to work in with domainers on a profit sharing arangement for the right domain.

See my current sites in my signature.

sensoryfx

Top Contributor
Just a little on the Flash sites I do ...
Most people cringe when Flash Websites are mentioned. Slow loading, annoying animations etc.

Flash sites dont need to be this way, for example aptitudemedia.com is a Joomla CMS with a flash layer embeded.

And something like http://aptitudemedia.com/images/video1.swf could be embeded into a site and the video would appear semi transperant over the content.

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
I'll be honest; that aptitude media page...

At first I thought "Oh wow, that's a cool effect." Until the butterfly flew over the body text. I was stuck for a few seconds waiting for the little bugger to move, and unfortunately with web, a few seconds can be all it takes.

sensoryfx

Top Contributor
yea, mate, that type of stuff doesnt suit every situation. The Aptitudemedia website doesnt actually get me any business what so ever. Its more just a brochure page. All my e-learning work comes via a network of e-learning professionals. I used to have quite a detailed site but when i shifted hosting a while back I though, why bother.

What many people fail to realise is that most of the worlds top 10 companies use flash in their websites.

People also say Flash is becoming unpopular because it isnt supported by Apple. But Flash is still supporting apple. Many of the apps you see on ipad or iphone are still developed using the flash development environment, its just not published as swf but rather as apple friendly apps.

zhenjie

Top Contributor
Interested to hear what 'long term' investment benefits you think can be gained from a Flash site vs seo optimized content/affiliate sites. To be honest I haven't heard of people monetizing sites using Flash/mutlimedia before.

sensoryfx

Top Contributor
SEO is only part of creating a successful web presence. People make decisions about the credibility of a website the instant the page loads. Like people, credible websites have a very specific look and feel to them. A look and feel dependant on the target market. Its no good being ranked number one if you have a 90% bounce rate because the look of your site turns people off instantly.

The use of Flash is often an age specific consideration, and depends very much on the demographic you are targeting. I cant remember the exact statistics but roughly it goes like this: The older age group use the internet to find information, the younger group of under 35's use the web to be entertained. The younger demographic are the larger group that use the internet, and even if they are just looking for information on a product they expect to be entertained. Flash is entertaining, and effective if used correctly.

User centered design is often overlooked by inexperienced web developers.

zhenjie

Top Contributor
Interesting view. Since content is really king for most people (and Google) many would be reluctant to view Flash sites in such high regards. Got examples of well optimized and monetized Flash sites?

sensoryfx

Top Contributor
A flash site can be a full CMS. Google has no problem reading the content.
I think your idea of a Flash site is one where the whole site is contained within a single HTML page. This is not the case with my sites.

The sites I build utilise Joomla, but im sure i could do the same with WordPress. Each page has a Flash layer, but its base is the HTML of the CMS.

sensoryfx

Top Contributor
Last edited:

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics