What's new

i stuffed up but rank first page???

findtim

Top Contributor
I'm still tracking this down but I thought it would be interesting, website is 2 years old and it was only a test site, so I cut and pasted, copied a few things to other sites and it seems I ended up linking many sites jpg back to this jpg on the test site instead of having it on the proper domain !!

HTML:
http://www.melbournewatercoolers.com.au/

( MWC ) its ranking first page for the search water coolers ( note I am in Melbourne ) but I have changed my google location and it still seems to rank?

so the question is could a simple jpg being drawn from another site x 20 eg MCW be adding to its SEO that much? seems weird to me.

I only picked it up as we have been getting heaps of leads off it over xmas and the client doesn't have a branch in Melb.

has anyone else had this experience? should I repair the links or just leave it? it hasn't affected ANY of the other sites rankings thus its been through panda and penguin

tim

chris

Top Contributor
Hi Tim,

I'm not seeing position 1 for this term (on page 1 though) but that aside, I'd fix it up. Even if you take a hit, it's worth removing any cross linking.

Cheers,
Chris

geodomains

Top Contributor
Hey Tim,
I find this interesting, I see you on page 1 for water coolers and #1 for exact match.

Can you tell me are the other websites on different ip addresses?

Don

helloworld

Top Contributor
Not no1 on mobile. I'm leaning towards the fact you've got much better onsite optimization than competitors, tho img link can pass juice.

James

Top Contributor
I tested it on some proxies non personalized and you are showing 6th in Melbourne for the term

Yet I did not count the maps listings which take up a huge chunk of results.

findtim

Top Contributor
chris: I can't see where I said number 1 rank, just first page.

geo: everything is on the same ip

james: yep that's what I'm getting

hello: i'll hve to work out how many links are across the network.

as for fixing it I'm waiting on an update from the client to expand the network so i'll probably do it then as no-one has said " OMG change it NOWWWW "

thanks

tim

geodomains

Top Contributor
Thanks Tim

Hmm hard one to know whether to remove the links as 20+ is a lot of links from the same network pointing to one site, the question is it to much for G to give a penalty.

Basically what you have done is pass all the link juice from 20 other sites to that one.

Keep us posted on what you end up doing and how it effects the rank

Don

chris

Top Contributor
Sorry Tim, I misread. Are they image links or the other sites just pulling images from this one?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member