What's new

I need help seeing the domain business from the customer side.

orange

Hi All

I need help seeing the domain business from the customer side. What do I get for my money nowadays?

There are a few of my own business domains that I want to improve and tidy up to a higher level than I can reach.

Mainly I need to see the domains from a different perspective so I need to get advice from people who know the business and the traps and shortcuts (if any).

And look at different scripts or get scripts made and see what else is out there that can help.

I know private consulting would cost big $$$ which I don't have and I do not want anyone to give out their best secrets :cool:

As I just buy domain names as a hobby I want to see how much to get my website looking like it cost a million dollars :) but for much much err much less.

So perhaps another hobbyist or a bored millionaire might offer free/cheap advice, I would settle for a cold, colder or warm getting warmer comments also, as well as any scripts that would suit the businesses.

One of the businesses is selling books and I have struggled to even get the books listed, I was using cube cart 3 with a few brilliant plugins which helped a lot, then got hacked :mad: and have given up on that domain(was poorly chosen name) altogether with it still getting only hacker bot traffic by letting it drop.

Maybe I am asking the impossible but you never know if you don't ask. ;)

Thanks
Paul

A large online auction website has annoyed me for the last time :D

Rhythm

Top Contributor
I think you are looking for either an easy to use ecommerce capable content management system or a hosted ecommerce solution?

If so just do a search for either phrases.

An example of the first would be Wordpress CMS (with an ecommerce plugin).

An example of the second would be Shopify.com

orange

I think you are looking for either an easy to use ecommerce capable content management system or a hosted ecommerce solution?

If so just do a search for either phrases.

An example of the first would be Wordpress CMS (with an ecommerce plugin).

An example of the second would be Shopify.com

Thanks it certainly is something to think about

I have tried some of the WordPress eCommerce plugins but to add 10,000 items I would need staff :) for a simple online shop though is great.

and the second one Shopify hosting seem to want 2% commission although 2% of nothing isn't much and pay per month doesn't suit me as I would rather pay the one time and not all the time.

glad to have any feedback

cheers

Rhythm

Top Contributor
Thanks it certainly is something to think about

I have tried some of the WordPress eCommerce plugins but to add 10,000 items I would need staff :) for a simple online shop though is great.

and the second one Shopify hosting seem to want 2% commission although 2% of nothing isn't much and pay per month doesn't suit me as I would rather pay the one time and not all the time.

glad to have any feedback

cheers

zhenjie started a thread for the same reason, hope it helps:

http://www.dntrade.com.au/large-sca...periences-t2757.html?t=2757&highlight=magento

Although I think you'd always need staff for entering 10k+ items from scratch.

orange

zhenjie started a thread for the same reason, hope it helps:

http://www.dntrade.com.au/large-sca...periences-t2757.html?t=2757&highlight=magento

Although I think you'd always need staff for entering 10k+ items from scratch.

Will have a closer look at that thread, some great info to sort through but I really want to stay away from hosted pay per month solutions.

I had a plugin for cc3 that added a 1000+ items through excel spreadsheet and also used an apple program that could add in books through ISBN or even scan the bar-code and search title then added the book automatically to export to an excel spreadsheet.

Might have to go back to cc3 again and seek anti hack advice.

Thanks again, great link

johno69

Top Contributor
Woocommerce (Wordpress ecommerce plugin) has CSV import for products.

As do most of them i'd assume.

findtim

Top Contributor
Maybe I am asking the impossible but you never know if you don't ask

thats right and good for asking, i think the fact is there is no easy answer, everyone works with what fits right for them, there are some GREAT software out there that sh**ts me to tears but others find it amazing.

read read read, search the forum and put a spark in a thread, members sign up to threads so even dead threads can get a whole new life, just read it all and add something to it.

start some of your own threads, something that says " i want to do this...." and then add the URL, someone might say " here's where you can download it for free"

but this i feel is a share system so when you strike a problem or a solution then come back and post what happened, this builds cred for you and this is when you get that bored millionaire to pay you some attention as mentoring is a great thing in life.

then start a thread thats say "i did this and it worked....... "

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads