What's new

I like this idea!

neddy

Top Contributor
That Frank Schilling is one smart guy. No wonder he is a leader in our industry - he is always innovating.

Great article today on "The Domains" today by Michael Berkens.

"Frank Schilling Rolls Out Automated Finance System On DomainNameSales.com"

http://www.thedomains.com/2013/03/1...omated-finance-system-on-domainnamesales-com/

I guarantee that his platform will get a lot more sales (though there will probably be a few defaults along the way as well).

Kudos to him.

Reactions: Cal

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Indeed what I love about Frank is that he just gets out there and makes it happen and in "scratching his own itch" he then turns around and offers a great platform for all the other domainers out there.

Big hat tip.

That said, I'm not as confident about "doubling" sales, but I think it will help pick up an extra 30% or so.

What I think this does help with is the "I only have $X and can't afford to pay more" customer, to which you could then say "no problem, well $X will more than cover the deposit and first few installments at which time you will hopefully have increased business coming in from the new site continue to pay the installments". So in this sense I think it has the potential to also achieve better sales values.

;)

Also if terms are favourable for buyers I think this has great potential to help sell the BIGGER ticket domains, particularly if the upfront deposit is small and the buyer has the option to walk away at any point. This model has the potential to bring in a lot more undercapitalised buyers and young entrepreneurs.

findtim

Top Contributor
BRILLIANT, thanks ned for sharing.

you may note i have been on this leasing bandwagon for some time and thanks frank for solving it, i think it is a GREAT system, its win win which i always look for.

in oz i think we need a legal document or its going to go to sh*t, i can just see the client saying " but you never said you'd take it back if i didn't pay "

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
Further to this i think there should be a "buy now" price and a "lease now" price

if i'm going to have a $5k name tied up for 2 years on payments then i would expect to be getting interest on it.

tim

chris

Top Contributor
As Chris said, it will be the perfect option for buyers who say "I would buy it if I had $x" and gives people an easy way to get something that might have been otherwise out of reach.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo