What's new

I have a .com name in limbo

petermeadit

Top Contributor
I have a .com name that I won on Namejet. For some reason the usual email I get informing of which registrar they have pushed the name to, was not seen for several days by me. I thought they were just taking their time with the process.
The email finally shows up, and it is getting pushed to Register.com. When I finally tried the activation link in the email, I got a message telling me the activation period has expired, timeout.
So I ask myself, what happens to the domain? I mean a whois shows the domain is with Register.com, but it is clearly not in my account.
I lodged several support tickets with Register.com, and there are replies generally along the lines of, we have no record of a transfer, and you will need to contact the initialising registrant etc. etc. I called them on the phone, to USA and the hold time was so long.
I have also lodged a ticket with Namejet and now waiting for a reply.

To may way of thinking, it should be a simple one to resolve, like if they can just verify my identity and then add the domain to my account in their system?

Anyone else had a .com in limbo like this before?

petermeadit

Top Contributor
Hats off to Namejet, who replied to my ticket, and actually did some research and followed up properly. It appears the link within the email is only valid for 24 hours. So if it is delayed or missed somehow, then the only one who can reinitialise the request is Register.com. So Namejet protectively solved the issue by telling Register.com to resend the email, and this time I got it within the 24 hours.

I guess in one regards it was good that Register.com did not help me much, because I could have been trying to steal the domain. After four support tickets and about 12 exchanges back and forth, and the overnight delayed responses from the US, the best advice Register.com gave me was to contact Namejet. So I thank them for that advice. Once I contacted Namejet, then the whole issue was resolved within a day.

Anyways, it is the first issue I have had like this with any name I have won on Namejet, but now I am wiser, I will contact Namejet straight away, even if the issue looks to be with the end registrar.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
To say i am hating the internet lately is an understatement, i have a auto renew notice for a domain at enom, i tried to login and couldn't remember the password? I then requested a password reset and got a security question > What's your favorite book? Well i cannot remember setting this as a security question?? and now i cant through on the support phone number .......F##k Me ...... (Yes I have read book Ned) I tried another support email avenue only to be pointed back to the lodge a support ticket ...... I had just told them that I cant do that because of the F##king security question ..... dead end !

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Boy oh boy just as i am sending another angry email request for a password reset, enom send me out the password and another (one is the actual password) I login and it works !!!! Took three days though and perhaps too many emails, i do understand they are wary of domain theft (a few have gone missing from enom) but dynadot and godaddy do at least send a password reset without silly security questions that we all forget a year later

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo