What's new

I am dumbfounded

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
today as usual i go to open up one of my sites only to see

'this page is not available contact your hosting company'

So i contact them and explain i cant even logon to my client area with them or logon to my cpanel ...... they reply that they will address the problem

An hour later i try my sites again and they are up .....alls good , but while working on one of them the notice comes up

'this page is not available contact your hosting company'

I promptly contact them again to let them know there is a problem again

another hour passes by and i still see the message ???

I am able to logon with a new password they had given me earlier to read my support ticket and when i get there, the message is

Your site is doing something strange, when we unsuspedned it once again hundreds of php processes crashed the server.

The site will remain suspended until you can tell us exactly what you were doing?

hey guys i am here by myslef and i dont even know what a php process is ??

i grew up with 20 cent pinball machines .......not computers and also because they are in america i cant afford long wasted phone calls telling them that i dont know how to do anything like this ???????

I have lodged another support ticket , but they seem to be blamming me

Any opinions , i told them to look in their own backyard and let me know what's happening ????

i got no idea of how to do what they seem to be suggesting ???

...........f-----g websites !

soj

Founder
If you are using Wordpress, you have most likely had your sites hacked and malicious code placed onto them, this is what happened with a couple of my wordpress blogs.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
they reinstated the account , now the site is just a bunch of files of which i have no idea what to do with ??? vegetarian.net.au

It seems the site is lost ? ......... 2 weeks work , just like that

I had the latest version of wordpress to avoid this , no comments were opened to avoid this type of thing , is there a way to find out if the code is malicious ????

any help is appreciated

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
pretty important that you run the updates on WP blogs otherwise you are prone to malicious attacks... there are robots out there looking for vunerabilities...

The hosting company is right to suspend your account if it is comprimising their server, but they should be able to provide you with a backup of the database and files...

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
i had the latest version of wordpress to avoid this situation , i have asked the hosting company 'what can be done' ...... wait and see , my worry is , if they can do it to one then thay can do it for all , the annoying thing is i paid for this name instead of the ususal hand ref and it was just getting a bit of traffic ,,,,, all seemed good

Yes i understand why the hosting company closed me down

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member