What's new

How would I go about selling this website?

Guidex

Top Contributor
I currently own a website that's pulling in $500+ adsense a month and $400 from CPA advertising. Can't sell on flippa as has copyrighted name in title. But want to sell it.

Thoughts?

James

Top Contributor
Is it like a Fan site of something, may be very hard to sell it via any legit place.

You could try a Forum like Warrior Forum or BHW yet they will probably only want to pay 7-8 months revenue for the sites.

More legit long term business will pay more.

You could try and list it on Flippa and see if they take it down or do it for only 3 days (not advisable as you will probably loose the listing fee)

Guidex

Top Contributor
It's a semi-blackhat software website for the iPhone, get's about 1.4k hits a day, first page for a lot of results.

I can't list it flippa as it stops me saying "Cannot list domain with copyright field" or something.

:( BHW and WF are both a little scary for selling something worth XXXX as I've never sold it before.

James

Top Contributor
It's a semi-blackhat software website for the iPhone, get's about 1.4k hits a day, first page for a lot of results.

I can't list it flippa as it stops me saying "Cannot list domain with copyright field" or something.

:( BHW and WF are both a little scary for selling something worth XXXX as I've never sold it before.

Freelancer owns WF now so I would give it a shot. Both sites you can sell via yet the issue if you would get less.

You could also contact others in the same space and see if they are interested to purchase.

Guidex

Top Contributor
Freelancer owns WF now so I would give it a shot. Both sites you can sell via yet the issue if you would get less.

You could also contact others in the same space and see if they are interested to purchase.

How much should I expect for $900 AVG monthly (AdSense & CPA Ads), with a 15-20% increase per month so far with AdSense.

I'm averaging around $25 a day right now with AdSense alone, hits $30-$35 at times.

What would you see that would be worth?

James

Top Contributor
How much should I expect for $900 AVG monthly (AdSense & CPA Ads), with a 15-20% increase per month so far with AdSense.

I'm averaging around $25 a day right now with AdSense alone, hits $30-$35 at times.

What would you see that would be worth?

Copyrighted content on the domain, copyright domain name is very risky maybe 7 or 8 months revenue is what it is worth.

Guidex

Top Contributor
The content isn't copyrighted. The software is custom and wouldn't be against any ToS. It's just the fact it has "iPhone" in the domain.

Shane

Top Contributor
Would the site still *work* if you just moved to a different domain without the copyright issue?

Guidex

Top Contributor
It would still work. Just need to re-do the SEO within my blog network and wait for ranking.

jamesau

WF could be a good place to start. The buyers there tend to be more willing to take risks.

The fact that the revenue for this site could be stopped instantaneously (courtesy of a seized domain) would put off even the most hardened buyers on Flippa.

Ultimately I think you would be lucky to get an offer close to even 6 months profit.

If it helps, I have a similar predicament, albeit with a substantially smaller nest egg than yours. I'm trying to look at the annual revenue as a lump sum; the money it will earn me before the end of the year outweighs what I could earn by selling tomorrow.

If you can wait, do so. Otherwise remove the risk and you have a better proposition.

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
If the rankings are based on a blog network then that's also going to bring the price down, providing any potential buyers are smart enough to carry out due diligence.

Sounds like you're better off milking it for all it's worth while you still can.

James

Top Contributor
Lol yeah any one who buys decent sites will audit the link profile. Would buy very easy to pick a network.

Guidex

Top Contributor
Yeah you're right. If I'm getting 1k a month, might as well hold it for 6 months and earn more than I'd sell it for

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo