What's new

How to Vote forms

DomainNames

Top Contributor
A question for all candidates and Board members:

Can you tell us how votes are counted? Are they all read out loud at the Board meeting and verified somehow?

Next election is it possible How to Vote forms are able to be given to people / members etc? The form has several areas possible to make a techincal mistake which might lead to invalidity.

How To Vote forms are handed out at every local, state, federal election by candidates and their parties.. cant see why it would not be allowed for Auda either ?

Would you support How to Vote forms being allowed to be distributed, posted, emailed etc by candidates or for candidates so people know exactly how to vote for the candidate they want without fear of their vote being cancelled for some honest technical mistake on the form ?

L-Jarrett

The minutes of the last AGM include the vote count, and also show that the election / vote count was supervised by an independent party (ie for verification purposes):

http://www.auda.org.au/agm/agm2010-minutes/

I would support the circulation by auDA of a "How to Vote" card that explained how the form needed to be completed. However, I would not support distribution of How to Vote cards by candidates to members, which instruct people to vote a certain way.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
The minutes of the last AGM include the vote count, and also show that the election / vote count was supervised by an independent party (ie for verification purposes):

http://www.auda.org.au/agm/agm2010-minutes/

I would support the circulation by auDA of a "How to Vote" card that explained how the form needed to be completed. However, I would not support distribution of How to Vote cards by candidates to members, which instruct people to vote a certain way.

Hi and thank you.

May I ask you:

1. Why you would not support distribution of How to Vote cards by candidates?

2. What needs to be done so auDA will do this next time?

3. Do you know what % of votes are rejected for technical errors have been each election?

4. Can auDA start sending reminder emails so people remember to be financial and vote in time in the future? ( you must be 3 months financial to vote at least which many people are unaware of so their votes dont count)

5. Can auDA from now on accept emailed votes instead of asking for fax and post or better yet an online vote?

Last edited:

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members