What's new

how to take a great building photo

findtim

Top Contributor
How do they do this?, i saw this today and just wanted to share as i have done similar, its actually taken AFTER sunset or BEFORE dawn depending on the way the building points.

normally its 4 seconds at F4 for people who know, for those that don't is 4 seconds and do many until it starts to look right, but NEVER whilst the sun is up.

depending on the amount of light inside, the orange is because of tungstan so these days you would be getting a more blue/green from fluro type lights

if you look closely at the top of the buildings you can see the sun was on the right

good photos make good websites i think.

Chumby

Top Contributor
Yea, liking this Tim.

Just HDR the two shots together?

I agree totally... shots make the deal...

Cheers
Chumby

findtim

Top Contributor
Palazzo Versace Gold Coast?

yes, but next time you get a real estate brochure or a "boys town" raffle brochure you will look at those images differently.

I use to do the boys town houses and they were amazingggggg, we'd go in the arvo take the shot then stay in the house till pre dawn and setup again, its generally half to one hour after sunset and before sunrise.

also most of thsoe FANTASTIC shots of uluru are taken in complete darkness, generally @ 1 hours + after sunset with longgggggg exposure times, its a balance between exposure and not showing star trails if you wait to long
tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members