What's new

how to join auDA

findtim

Top Contributor
how to join auDA
first go to http://www.auda.org.au/
on the right hand side there is a "more on membership" button, click on that and that will give you an email address to ASK to join ! WHAT, no form? this is 2014 isn't it ??? no ecomm ?

2,805,403 domains names registered , WOW, auda has @ 160 members ! WOW, they all fit on one webpage: http://www.auda.org.au/about-auda/membership/membership-list/

hmmmmmmmmmmm, does this mean the 160 members together own 2.8 million domains?

maybe not, maybe i will repeat myself from last year, it seems if you are not a member then you do not know there is an election and if you own a domain you do not get informed you can be a member with a right to vote and thats the way they like it.

so i say if you are reading this, become a member, and vote when it comes up as your portfolio is worth more then the $22 bucks p/a it costs you to be a member, we have had great support over the years from people being on the boards and committees and it needs to continue.

just my point of view, 2.8 million domains and only 160 members ! thats like 6 people showing up for a collingwood v geelong match at the MCG !
get involved
tim

findtim

Top Contributor
the next board meeting is 16th of june, this means if you are not a member and paid up 7 days prior ( lets call it 9 to be safe ) then you will not be able to vote, so wipe the tears from your eyes on abbotts budget and join.

but joining auda is like trying to roll up a hill !!! so I've made it easier for you
http://www.auda.org.au/assets/pdf/auda-membership-form.pdf

that's the link, sorry but you still have to download the file, print it, signed by hand, then fax it back and then pay hopefully by internet transfer so make sure you put code in the transfer so they can verify you to your application.

now here is the funny thing !!! it took me 5 attempts to get this pdf to show on my computer, I could go to every other website in the world except that pdf page, so I have helped you out by putting the form on my servers http://whitecollarwebsites.com.au/auda-membership-form.pdf

now if auda want to email me and ask me to take it down i of course will, I am sorry I am just HELPING ( but I will post about that if it happens ) all I am trying to do is ensure that people have access to the application process as auda seems to have a problem with that pdf ?

make a DECISION right NOW, its $22 bucks , you only really have another 14 days to make sure you get a vote at the next elections.

if your portfolio isn't worth $22 then don't join, if you think its worth more then protect it by at least having a say as to who represents your interests within auda.

tim

nt81

Top Contributor
Because AuDA get so much hate mail?

Or because there isn't anyone there to repond to the volume of mail that 2014 would bring?

Either way, lol.

findtim

Top Contributor
While I prefer an online form as well, there are some historic reasons for why the paper form was reintroduced and the online form shut down.

well i am just imagining what the "history" would be ? maybe fake signups?

but based on they only have 160 members whoever did fake signups didn't put to much effort into it.

if it was fake members then i can't see how a form signed vs an online for would actually stop this practice.

surely matching credit card numbers, ABN numbers and a whois of your domain ( although you don't have to own a domain to be a member ) would suffice as evidence of individuality.

i mean i can sign up to change my electricity supplier via the phone, i can open a bank account via the phone, i can buy a domain name !!!!!!! without a signature !!!!!

i'd be interested to read the documentation of " the history " that lead to this REintroduction of the form method.

surely there must be an online source of the events that lead to this decision?

a link would be great

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads