What's new

How to acquire a .com domain?

BenWalker

Top Contributor
Hi Guys!!

I don’t normally deal with too many .com names, so hoping someone here could assist me please.

Im wanting to buy a .com domain from a 3rd party. (The domain is with eNOM)

What is the best way to buy it from them without getting burnt? Because the price we agreed on is low xx,xxx and a fair bit concerned since they live in another country and dealing with a pretty penny.

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Ben

Last edited:

Max

Top Contributor
Hi Guys!!

I don’t normally deal with too many .com names, so hoping someone here could assist me please.

Im wanting to buy a .com domain from a 3rd party. (The domain is with eNOM)

What is the best way to buy it from them without getting burnt? Because the price we agreed on is low xx,xxx and a fair bit concerned since they live in another country and dealing with a pretty penny.

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Ben

Besides the good advice from Ned you need to make sure that you get a full transfer with AuthCode and not a push of the domain to your Enom account (if you have one) an internal registrar push can be reversed if the seller is an Enom reseller .. its just a tip to be carefull of with unknown sellers .. in general a name push is safe with a known reseller .. Escrow wont know the difference (whois) between a push and a full transfer if the name remains at Enom ..

soj

Founder
you need to make sure that you get a full transfer with AuthCode and not a push of the domain to your Enom account (if you have one) an internal registrar push can be reversed if the seller is an Enom reseller .. its just a tip to be carefull of with unknown sellers .. in general a name push is safe with a known reseller .. Escrow wont know the difference (whois) between a push and a full transfer if the name remains at Enom ..

That is handy advice Max - I didn't know that. Good to have comments from someone with your experience. Many thanks. :)

BenWalker

Top Contributor
Thanks for both of your advice guys!! Really appreciate it!

Just came back from the bank after making the Wire Transfer for Escrow.com. too!

James

Top Contributor
Ive used Escrow.com numerous times for international domains sales, works fine most of the time =)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member