What's new

How soon can I resell a .com.au?

mreddie

I recently won a domain in the Netfleet domain snapper auctions. How quickly can I resell this domain, do I have to wait the standard 6 months or is termed a "transferred" domain as per the auDA policy and can be moved on immediately?

Some clarification on this would be helpful.

MRE

Shaun

Top Contributor
Hi there,

If you register a domain for the first time you cannot "transfer ownership" for 6 months.

If you are transferred ownership, ie you take ownership of an existing domain which has been owned longer than 6 months you can resell it as quickly as you like.

SM

mreddie

Well it's an existing domain as it was listed as a dropping domain in the Netfleet auctions - which I would assume would have been owned for a least 6 months previously?? Is there a way I could find out for sure?

Shaun

Top Contributor
When a domain drops or expires and you "win" it. You are in essence registering it from ZERO. So anything you catch on the Drops you must wait 6 months.

www.archive.org is a good site to check the previous history of websites.

mreddie

Cheers Shaun for the info. Also I'm looking to approach private business to sell some of my domains, what is the best way to manage a .com.au transaction, Escrow? I sell more .com's and use Sedo for that and aren't up with the Aus marketplace so much.

Shaun

Top Contributor
Personally, I normally send invoice, wait for payment, send domain password, sign forms, domain transferred.

But yeah, you can use something like escrow.com - I believe NetFleet have a free service for this.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo