What's new

How Often Can You Put A Domain Up For Auction

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I was just wondering how often you can put a domain up for auction on the NF AMA?

Is there a finite limit? Or is there a timeframe limit?

Mark

Top Contributor
It was 2 times in 90 days - but think that was a little strict, so we've just extended to 5 times in 90 days.

aus11

Top Contributor
It was 2 times in 90 days - but think that was a little strict, so we've just extended to 5 times in 90 days.

That sounds good. I hit the '2 times in 90 days' limit a while ago for a domain and was wondering it if a was a permanent limit or not.

Rhythm

Top Contributor
Why would you put up the same domain more than twice? If it didn't sell the first, second, nth time - what makes you think it will sell again?

Chris.C

Top Contributor
For me it's often about adjusting the reserve.

Or sometimes I'll put a domain up and won't promote that it's up for auction to potential buyers and just look for a quick sale and if doesn't get enough interest I might consider putting it up for auction again and contacting potential buyers about the listing.

Or maybe a domain is coming up for renewal that you previously placed on the AMA and now you are willing to sell it at no reserve whereas you weren't previously.

The point is there are reasons to put a domain up for auction twice, though I don't know if I'd ever put a domain up for auction 5 times in 90 days, but I guess there isn't much harm in doing that either.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member