What's new

How much should I pay?

BenWalker

Top Contributor
Hi Guys!

I’m wanting to hire a student developer from Melbourne. (3rd or 4th year at uni).
Someone who is proficient with Wordpress, PHP, SQL and etc.

What’s the going rate per hour?
Wasn’t sure how much to offer on the job ad.

Thanks for your help in advance!

zhenjie

Top Contributor
That's a lot of proficiencies even for a 3rd-4th year comp science student. I would say $30-$50 an hour?

How long is the role for? YOu can always get in touch with IT departments at all unis who are always looking for employers to offer 6-12 month co-ops.

findtim

Top Contributor
when i was at uni for photography i got a few jobs via the tutors, perhaps approach them and they will get you the better students.

also its GREAT for their folios and also one commercial job i did meant that i got an exemption from one course as i just presented my work and they graded THAT, high distinction.. dare i say .

So this could be a win win.

if you are fair and DO pay them but there is a mutual benefit then the prices quoted seem cool, i'd go to the teachers first.

tim

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
That's a lot of proficiencies even for a 3rd-4th year comp science student. I would say $30-$50 an hour?

How long is the role for? YOu can always get in touch with IT departments at all unis who are always looking for employers to offer 6-12 month co-ops.

This. Definately get in touch with the uni's.. they are usally very accommodating. Probably even put up flyers for you for part time work!

helloworld

Top Contributor
Gumtree is a good place to find coders who are on Visas in Melbourne. Lots of travelers who just need part time cash. Around $25 per hour for this mob, depending on skill set.

BenWalker

Top Contributor
For anyone curious or thinking of doing the same...

I ended up advertising on the Melbourne Uni and Monash Uni career portals. They are free to advertise.

Ended up receiving around 30 applications. About 15-20 of them were either honours, masters students. So the quality is really good.

Hired one from Melbourne uni who seems very knowledgeable. (Offered $35 per hour)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo