What's new

How Many Keywords

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I use two tools to have a look at how my blogs are going , one is www.scrubtheweb.com and the other is www.rankingtoday.com and they are always different but i find it interesting that the meta keywords are called ok on one but not the other, so for www.beautychannel.com.au one says i have too many keywords where the other seems more concerned with the amount of charcters

Yet when i go to www.nursingjobs.com.au and try it in these tools it is way outside what they call acceptable ??? (not my site) but yet it is up the top of the google search

Is it simply there is not enough competition for this term for it to matter

Are we fusiing too much over the meta key words , that site also has too many characters in the discription as well , according to these tools ?

So what's the verdict i wonder

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I haven't added meta keywords to my pages in years.

I think the majority of empirical SEO research seems to suggest that meta descriptions don't matter much either.

It's all about title, content and links - that's the bulk of the equation.

Vicstar

I suggest to include meta keywords as believe it or not.. google is not the only engine [:rolleyes:] keep them relevant & up to 10 should suffice (QUALITY + RELEVANCE!) - don't double up a keyword & make sure the words you select also appear in your page [& I'm sure you already know, the Title/Description is vital!]

Have you tried Google's webmaster tools API?
http://code.google.com/apis/webmastertools/
or try this vid:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcxlcp_how-to-set-up-google-webmaster-tool_school

....slight sidestep: who knew there was a google store???!! :D
http://www.google-store.com/product_info.php?products_id=322

DavidL

Top Contributor
I think the majority of empirical SEO research seems to suggest that meta descriptions don't matter much either.

You're right not directly to SEO but a good meta description can make a huge difference to CTR if it's used in Google's snippet (which it usually is).

So you get more visitors. However this increased CTR may then help SEO and boost rankings as a secondary effect...

snoopy

Top Contributor
Wouldn't worry about meta tags,

As Netfleet says though descriptions are important and can have a huge effect on CTR, if want to test out different descriptions set up an adwords campaign with multiple ads and see the effect on CTR that different wording can have with the terms you are targeting, then add the most effective wording into the site description.

DavidL

Top Contributor
if want to test out different descriptions set up an adwords campaign with multiple ads and see the effect on CTR that different wording can have with the terms you are targeting, then add the most effective wording into the site description.

That's a good idea - never thought of that. Thanks!

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
thanks for info all , i just found it interesting the myth behind it all , happy to agree about title and discription and if traffic came from other google well that's good as well

regards !

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member