What's new

How has Google 'Instant' affected your traffic?

Jonathan

Top Contributor
I might be a bit slow to the game on this one, but it seems like Google has finally introduced their instant autocomplete function to Google Australia. Just wondering whether people have seen any big impacts on traffic (either positive or negative) or have anything else interesting to report?

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Instant doesn't seem to have been applied to google.com.au for me yet... I know it's been working when I have been searching via google.com.

WG2010

Archived Member
Instant only works for me on .com.au if I'm logged in. In any case, I have that seizure inducing crap turned off.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Haven't noticed any change yet.

In any case, I have that seizure inducing crap turned off.

I thought it would be good when I heard about it, but after actually experiencing it I'm inclined to agree. It is like a VCR with a stuck fast forward button. Maybe it will grow on my in time, not sure.

James

Top Contributor
According to the Google Agency blog we should see it fully rolled out in the coming days. But yes if you are logged in you can view it now.

I think revenues for US based properties are stable for me, a real killed to revenues and page views was the recent changes to Google images :mad:

Lorenzo

Top Contributor
The Google TV with speech recognition software will probably affect type-in

The way I see it, soon, the game will be a bit different.

DavidL

Top Contributor
a real killed to revenues and page views was the recent changes to Google images :mad:

Whereas that was great for me! UV's up by around 500/day on one of my sites which had a lot of images that were previously only ranking in Aus

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member