What's new

How Does the Australian Market Stack Up?

Hazo

I lot of the stuff that I have done is in one specific niche, and international.

I guess the reason why I've stayed out of the Aussie market is because of lack of perceived value. Maybe I'm wrong about that.

Are there many big buy outs here? For example, finance blogs like BankRate.com and similar have sold for tens of millions in past years.... and I don't hear those stories here.

Any website that have any of this sort of information?

Do businesses in oz spend big money buying out websites?

snoopy

Top Contributor
Are there many big buy outs here? For example, finance blogs like BankRate.com and similar have sold for tens of millions in past years.... and I don't hear those stories here.

Any website that have any of this sort of information?

Do businesses in oz spend big money buying out websites?

Bankrate bought a blog for $15million "bankaholic" which I think is what you are referring to, and it is the only sale I've ever heard of like that. It is an extreme outlier. I think personally if someone is starting a business because they hope to get "bought out" the chance of success is very low.

Hazo

Bankrate bought a blog for $15million "bankaholic" which I think is what you are referring to, and it is the only sale I've ever heard of like that. It is an extreme outlier. I think personally if someone is starting a business because they hope to get "bought out" the chance of success is very low.

I used to think that until my friends got bought out for 6 and 7 figures and I, myself, got bought out for 6 figures.

FWIW - BankRate.com is a massive buyer of finance websites. From what I understand, if someone starts ranking for some big money terms then the chances they get bought out are high.

snoopy

Top Contributor
I used to think that until my friends got bought out for 6 and 7 figures and I, myself, got bought out for 6 figures.

You were talking about blogs being bought out for "tens of millions"? If that isn't an extreme outlier where are all the other blogs that have been bought for that apart from bankaholic?

Loads of people making 6 figures online (annually) in this country in my view, can be done in small niches even. I'm not saying it is easy, but it isn't uncommon either.

Hazo

You were talking about blogs being bought out for "tens of millions"? If that isn't an extreme outlier where are all the other blogs that have been bought for that apart from bankaholic?

Loads of people making 6 figures online (annually) in this country in my view, can be done in small niches even. I'm not saying it is easy, but it isn't uncommon either.

You are probably correct on the specifics here actually.

But the main point here was industries in Australia that are attracting big buyers.

Thanks for the responses so far everyone.

Hazo

Also - just wanted to say that a xxx,xxx deal isn't a big deal.Not trying to be a smart arse here, there's tons of people that make that.

Just trying to diversify and want to make the right decision.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo