Ash

Top Contributor
.net.au

Any thoughts on this one please?

Exact local monthly searches: 2,900
Approximate CPC: $5.87

Ash

Top Contributor
Does the silence mean good or bad? Still getting my head around it all and appreciate your input. Thanks :)

On paper it looks good to me, but what's your gut feel?

acheeva

Top Contributor
I would be happy to have it in my portfolio.

There is plenty of bidding on the phrase.

A lead for a house and land package (with finance) can be worth up to $5K in commission.

Go direct to the developer and financiers to negotiate a referral program.

I got 3 out 3 sign ups with property investor / financiers for a referral program last year.

PM if you would like contact details (nationals).

Ash

Top Contributor
Thanks Snoopy, you make a good point - still needs to sound like a web address.

Thanks Acheeva, sounds positive. Will send you a PM.

Ash

Top Contributor
Thanks David, that's the part I struggle with - finding keywords that have good search volume but don't necessarily lend themselves to a web address as Snoopy has suggested.

In this case, the CPC and search volume seemed to justify spending $20 to register the name as opposed to using it as keywords in an article.

I get the point you and Snoopy make that this is not a domain you would advertise but rather focus on drawing traffic with SEO. With that understanding I take it that this would have no inherent value in the domain itself and depends on what the developed site is capable of in generating traffic?

DavidL

Top Contributor
I get the point you and Snoopy make that this is not a domain you would advertise but rather focus on drawing traffic with SEO. With that understanding I take it that this would have no inherent value in the domain itself and depends on what the developed site is capable of in generating traffic?

yeah that's right although it does still have inherent value because it's constituents (keywords) will give a headstart for seo. Like the oft real estate analogy, it's a block of land that's relatively easy to build on, albeit not a sought after prestigious waterfront.

I've got a few domains like this ... They ain't pretty but they have decent search volume behind them. Www.beautytipsforface.in comes to mind. Ugly, hey? But gets decent traffic already (only a few weeks old) because it's a big search term in India

xwdomains

Top Contributor
I would be happy to have it in my portfolio.

There is plenty of bidding on the phrase.

A lead for a house and land package (with finance) can be worth up to $5K in commission.

Go direct to the developer and financiers to negotiate a referral program.

I got 3 out 3 sign ups with property investor / financiers for a referral program last year.

PM if you would like contact details (nationals).

I agree I used to run a referral program for a developer they paid 10k per H&l buyer:cool:

silouette

Agree

I actually agree with Emma as i have several keyword domains on first page Google with a bit of seo with an app plugin via a basic wordpress site and bingo . Not all get first page straight away but i have got onto first page Google.com and .au within 3 days.

Of course it depends what you do to monitise them.

www.lflaustralia.com.au www.bush-furniture.com.au

snoopy

Top Contributor
I actually agree with Emma as i have several keyword domains on first page Google with a bit of seo with an app plugin via a basic wordpress site and bingo . Not all get first page straight away but i have got onto first page Google.com and .au within 3 days.

Of course it depends what you do to monitise them.

www.lflaustralia.com.au www.bush-furniture.com.au

How about instead of talking about ranking we talk about actual traffic, or even better revenue generated from that Google listing?

If the terms are not popular and/or of low commercial value it doesn't matter how high you rank. Lflaustralia.com.au is a classic case of it, ranked number one but little search volume and no commercial value in the traffic.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo