What's new

Hosting

jamesgamm

Hi All
Have any members dealt with hostgator.com . Is there anyone similar to them in oz. I read on this forum that Crazy Domains do not do backups for hosting.

James

Shane

Top Contributor
I can't comment on Hostgator, but the three hosts I've used for years and had limited issued with are:
  • GD Webhosting
  • AussieHost.com
  • VentraIP
Ventra would be the one I've had the least issues with, but they're all still pretty good.

Joel

Top Contributor
There are a stack of good hosting providers in Australia. What is it specifically about hostgator that you want from an Australian provider?

zhenjie

Top Contributor
Shared hosting I'd almost always recommend VentraIP. Top of the game here
VPS.Cloud/Dedicated there are a few more good options. What do you need exactly?

findtim

Top Contributor
i use hostgator, i use ventra and i have REALLY tried to use other australian hosts over the years, it simply gets back to the FINE print................. NO host i have found will take ANY responsibility for backups, so if you want to get into managing the hosting for your clients BE prepared to be on you own but still pay them money.
i laugh when they say 99.9% "uptime" , YEP, but that other .01% downtime is often permanent as they either didn't back you up OR they actually backed up the site ONCE it was stuffed, so your only copy will be one that is screwed.
the end result is COST v EXPECTATION.
most clients do not seem to want the cost ! so you just need to tell them upfront the potential pitfalls and this may save your AR$E down the track.
end result what i have done is i just tell clients " ok, you haven't taken my suggestion so if anything goes wrong i will just charge you an hourly rate if something goes wrong"
tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member