What's new

Highest price for a hyphen AU

goldnugget

Top Contributor
Hi all,

I was just curious what the highest price is that has been paid for an aftermarket AU, developed or not.

Jay

chris

Top Contributor
Hi Jay,

Here are a few from Netfleet:

cheap-travel-insurance.com.au - $4,801
car-hire.com.au - $3,543
domain-names.com.au - $2,678
t-shirt.net.au - $2,500
wi-fi.com.au - $2,001

Cheers,
Chris

xwdomains

Top Contributor
Hi Jay,

Here are a few from Netfleet:

cheap-travel-insurance.com.au - $4,801
car-hire.com.au - $3,543
domain-names.com.au - $2,678
t-shirt.net.au - $2,500
wi-fi.com.au - $2,001

Cheers,
Chris

Quite interesting I considered hyphens

only have one and its a commercial-property.net.au :eek: yeah hyphen and .net.au lol

I generally shy away from hyphen names might have another look so eof them prices are quite good for hyphens IMHO;)

findtim

Top Contributor
Quite interesting I considered hyphens

only have one and its a commercial-property.net.au :eek: yeah hyphen and .net.au lol

I generally shy away from hyphen names might have another look so eof them prices are quite good for hyphens IMHO;)

i'm not a fan of hypens but if you know you are NEVER going to get the non hypen dot comau then it could be worth it

tim

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
I've got over 600 domains and I've only got one hyphenated domain. It's a French geo domain and I also own the non-hyphenated version (both .com).

Hyphenated domains are a nightmare to resell, but some people love them for development (minisites etc).

In Europe they're very commonly used, in fact organisations will often use the hyphenated version even when they own the non-hyphenated version. That is not the case in Australia - so I would avoid them for .com.au and especially for .net.au.

xwdomains

Top Contributor
I've got over 600 domains and I've only got one hyphenated domain. It's a French geo domain and I also own the non-hyphenated version (both .com).

Hyphenated domains are a nightmare to resell, but some people love them for development (minisites etc).

In Europe they're very commonly used, in fact organisations will often use the hyphenated version even when they own the non-hyphenated version. That is not the case in Australia - so I would avoid them for .com.au and especially for .net.au.

radio-rentals.net.au

hmm they must of acquired the .com.au now redirects was hyphenated .net.au for ages.:D

I didn't think they are really worth buying some people do going off the stats that have been posted

goldnugget

Top Contributor

Car-sales.com.au gets redirected to carsales.com.au so I dont think the news is all bad with hyphens....it seems to be more of a domainers personal opinion on values for non hyphens...cover all the options for protection purposes IMHO.

BTW thanks Chris for getting this thread rolling....what about the highest .com.au's? SHould I start another thread?

Jay

Last edited:

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads