1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi my name's Luke...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Link, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Link

Link Membership: VIP

[stands] Hi, my name's Luke. And I haven't bought a domain for...1 day.

But I hardly think this is the right forum to get encouragement for cutting back on buying domains :) I've read a few threads on the forum from time to time, but I decided with a new year I might as well join in the discussion!

I live in Sydney and have 100+ domains. So I don't really consider myself a domainer, more an affiliate. I just get domains that I think have good development potential. This is going to be the year of developing more domains than I buy, so I am looking forward to it.

But I am very interested in the domain market and so look forward to throwing around some ideas here.

Cheers,

Luke

2. johno69

johno69 Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Hi Luke, Welcome aboard.

This is my 2010 goal too.

So far not looking so good, have bought a few this year already.

Bought = 5
    Developed = 0

3. DavidL

DavidL Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Hi Luke!

Nice intro ;)

It's so hard to balance the aquiring with the developing isn't it. All too easy to say "I can always develop down the line but I only have one chance to register/buy a new domain"!!!

Anyway welcome to the forum & look forward to talking with you.

David

4. Lorenzo

Lorenzo Membership: VIP

hi mate, no problem, welcome to the addicted club!

look at me: 5 AM and still have to go to bed!!! :eek::D

5. Link

Link Membership: VIP

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I think that's an interesting idea johno to count how many new domains I buy for the year and how many I get to a decent development level. I'll probably still buy more than I develop, but at least when it comes to the development phase you can pick and choose the best projects to do.

Off to see what domains are dropping today.....