What's new

Help !!

mreddie

Just sold a domain via the Netfleet aftermarket and I have no idea how to now transfer and sell the domain to the new owner?? Does Netfleet offer an Escrow service....

Other than the auction price to the buyer, what else does the buyer need to pay for .... transfers, re-registration???

Do I just supply them with the domain password and leave it with the buyer or is it more complicated than that. The domain is currently with NetRegistry.

Need this info quick!!!

Nova

Top Contributor
I would:

- Issue an invoice
- wait for payment
- once payment is received, then supply authcode and filled out paperwork for COR (or they can fill out the online form with NR)

mreddie

So it's $90 for a registrant name change through net registry, does the buyer pay all of that or is better to share these costs? I'm assuming put all of this up front on an invoice to the buyer rather than slapping the registrant charge afterwards?

mreddie

Ok so I'm dumb, who does the transfer ?? Do I transfer it out of Netregistry or can the buyer transfer it themselves to Ventra with the AUTH code I supply?

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
If you don't transfer from NR, then the new owner will have to pay the higher cost for change of ownership. Why not ask the buyer where they would like to do the transfer as they will be the ones paying...

I would suggest transfer managment to DROP and do the paperless COR... easy.

Make sure you get payment first as others have said!

mreddie

But Netregistry want to charge $90 for me to this? How much dearer is is for the new owner to do it themselves? Sorry I'm new to this and have no idea how this all works and who is responsible for what.

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
NetRegistry want $90 for the change of ownership which includes 2 years registration.

Transfering the domain to another registrar with a cheaper fee (such as Drop or VentraIP) costs nothing.

--

Doesn't matter if you do it or they do it, the cost is the same...

mreddie

OK, so I should:
- Invoice for cost of domain
- Find out where they want it transferred, then add transfer cost to the invoice based on the chosen registrar??
- Fill out the COR

Nova

Top Contributor
So it's $90 for a registrant name change through net registry, does the buyer pay all of that or is better to share these costs? I'm assuming put all of this up front on an invoice to the buyer rather than slapping the registrant charge afterwards?

I paid $60 about a month ago through NetRegistry, but since then VentraIP have it for $39.95 I think - cheapest around.

Nova

Top Contributor
OK, so I should:
- Invoice for cost of domain
- Find out where they want it transferred, then add transfer cost to the invoice based on the chosen registrar??
- Fill out the COR

You could do it that way, or:

- invoice for cost of the domain
- let them deal with who they wish to transfer too and cover the COR fee themselves

DavidL

Top Contributor
You could do it that way, or:

- invoice for cost of the domain
- let them deal with who they wish to transfer too and cover the COR fee themselves

That's the easiest way. Suggest the NR option and attach COR paperwork (or link to it) because that's the easiest but if they want to do elsewhere just let them know you're happy to complete any paperwork and send domain password.

Easy.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members