What's new

help - selling 1st com.au

getclicks

Hi

I've just sold my first com.au

I've been told that I have to pay a change of registrants fee of $180. Is there any way around it. Can I get a key and give that key to the new owner to use to transfer into their own account?

Cheers
perry

Joel

Top Contributor
You can do a paperless COR at VentraIP for around $20 I think. Transfer the domain to VertraIP and then do the COR.

joe

Top Contributor
transfer it to ventraip (free, usually processed in 2 days), then initiate the COR. It will only cost you $20, add another $20 if the domain has less than 90 days til expiry as it will need to be renewed.

Markz

Guys, how does this work? If I transfer my domain names form one registrant to another it's free [say we take the best cas scenario, some will probably charge money] but when I transfer to another person/company - I have to pay, and the min amount is 20 bucks?
I've found this on ventraip.com.au FAQ page:
A Change of Registrant (COR) is required in order to change the legal owner of an AU domain name, that is, the ABN/ACN/RBN/other eligibility type listed on the domain Whois. To initiate a COR simply login to the VIPControl which contains the domain, goto Manage Domain Names, click on the desired domain name and click the COR option. This will generate a $19.95 invoice in your account and once paid, we'll initiate the COR from our end.

That's how it is, it can not be done for free? Like .coms? And looks like the one who sells has to cover the bill, isn't it?

Note --> just came accross this post http://www.dntrade.com.au/free-au-change-registrant-cor-t4089.html
Now I'm confused. They are talking there about just COR but not about change of the ownership, isn't it? To sum up my post - what is the cheapest and easiest way to sell a .com.au [right now it is with domaincentral]. Thanks in advance. Mark

Last edited:

Markz

Thanks LEAP for your replies.
Is Ventra IP indded the cheapest one for owner transfers? Is there any other company that can/will do this cheaper?

Thanks,

Mark

Correct, it's not free for .au domains.

Either the buyer or the seller can pay the COR.

Markz

Thanks LEAP again. I actually had a look on that table before posting my reply.
The "Ownership Transfer" column is only partially filled with info so I could not say with 100% certainty that Ventra IP was still the cheapest.
But I guess they are the cheapest.
I believe if I'm not with them the cheapest option would be [if I want to sell a domain] - to transfer to Ventra IP to my account and then to "Transfer the Ownership" already from them, isn't it?

Thanks.

M

Considering the COR actually includes the renewal of the domain for 2 years from the COR date, it's sort of free.

You won't find it cheaper anywhere else, see this page: http://www.dntrade.com.au/domain-registrars.php

Joel

Top Contributor
I believe if I'm not with them the cheapest option would be [if I want to sell a domain] - to transfer to Ventra IP to my account and then to "Transfer the Ownership" already from them, isn't it?

Yes.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members