1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello All

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by birdy, Dec 29, 2010.

1. birdy

birdy Membership: Community

I just signed up to dntrade today. I own a bunch of .com.au domains relating to my industry and I'm always on the lookout for more which I can turn into traffic and sales.

I have noticed that there is a lot of buying and selling of domains going on here and I am just wondering if many of the people on this site make their living solely from buying and selling domains or do you rely on other sources for your income such as ad revenue, product sales, or a day job?

2. coreyg

coreyg Membership: Community

g'day and welcome to DNTrade

Cheers
    Corey

3. Honan

Honan Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Hi Birdy
    Welcome aboard
    I think anyone who sells a lot of names would also generate income from parking or developing

4. DavidL

DavidL Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Hi & Welcome Birdy!

Don't think anyone makes a living just by flipping .au (yet). But as Joe says many do with a combination of buying, selling, parking & developing

Cheers

David

5. birdy

birdy Membership: Community

Thanks for your responses!

6. Drop.com.au

Drop.com.au Membership: VIP

Hi Birdy,

Welcome to DnTrade! I don't believe there are many full time au domainers just yet, but the market has been getting very interesting recently...

Cheers

Andrew Wright