What's new

Health.com.au

Shane

Top Contributor
The first new private health fund to launch in Australia for 23 years has used a generic AU for their company name...

health.com.au

It's not a lead gen or broker site either. They're a fully fledged insurer.

Interesting...

fcdoms

Thanks Shane - that certainly is interesting.

I think it's only natural that more of these fully fledged companies should be at the end of those good addresses.

They have a way to go getting to the top of organic search (from my QD experiment).

Ideally - they should want to be at the top of the organic list under the paid ads - to get a default 4th position on every search for 'health insurance', 'health insurance companies' etc. That could, over years, net them a similar result as spending a significant amount more on ads. Of course, they'd still run campaigns on the terms to get the #1 spot - make the most of that when they synch it up to their TV, radio etc - then idle with a default 4th while the others spend on the top 3 spots - all the while, your TV ads have consumers looking for the word health - not one of the brands.

Not to mention - it's easy to type into the browser. Even if health.com.au is typed into search, it should be the top result.

Really interested to see how they do. Are they very well known in VIC yet?

DavidL

Top Contributor
Good on them - great decision & a great domain.

This domain was for sale on NF some time ago - http://www.netfleet.com.au/health.com.au

I just searched my emails and saw an alert that my offer had been beaten and the current high bid is now $480. Jeez, I hate lowballers :eek:

I know the original owner was looking for $200K back in 2009 so I wonder what it went for.

fcdoms

Just saw health.com.au is running large graphic banners (saw whilst on sitepronews.com)

marketingweb

Top Contributor
I think they have a way to go yet before they get the rankings right!

The Title Tag of their home page is - you guessed it - "Home"

James

Top Contributor
Probably a case of the developer taking care of the SEO or putting it on the list of "To- DO" things.

Overall I do not mind... the site but =)

findtim

Top Contributor
crappy site style for the budget that must be behind it and i'm SURE i've seen that logo style on some other well known au site, just can't find it right now

tim

zhenjie

Top Contributor
I think the designers had too much creative license on that site, and went for modern looks rather then conversions.

disclaimer: just my opinion, dont know anything about health niches.

findtim

Top Contributor
one of the speakers at the conference ( who i suspect is a memebr of DNT? ) said " if you are a professional business then have a professional looking site BUT if you are selling cheap discounted goods then have a cheap looking site....."

this by the way has nothing to do with the poor job the guys behind health dot com au have done LOL but there is a moral there.

"programmers should program and designers should design" i think that the issue with this website..... the programmers are doing the design.

tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
one of the speakers at the conference ( who i suspect is a memebr of DNT? ) said " if you are a professional business then have a professional looking site BUT if you are selling cheap discounted goods then have a cheap looking site....."

I think this is true. Can see this with sites like ebay, and real world stores like kmart. If you install the marble countertops people will assume the product is not cheap.

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
Bumping this old thread because I came across some press for this startup, for those interested:

The startup’s approach to product, process and service has seen it sign up over 80,000 members since its inception and deliver revenues of AUD$85 million in the 2013/14 financial year. After two years in operation, Health.com.au ranks in the top 15 private health funds in Australia.

The company has also grown internally from 25 to 41 staff members over the past year.

http://www.startupdaily.com.au/2014...up-way-hitting-100-million-revenue-18-months/

Looks like the site has continued to evolve since 2012.

Shane

Top Contributor
Their SEO must be terrible. I have their site not appearing until page 8 when searching for health insurance, and it's not even the home page which ranks!

You'd think that a company that brands itself with such an impressive generic domain would put more into SEO.

findtim

Top Contributor
i searched " health insurance" which is what i would do, page 8 LAST listing.

bowwowinsurance is on page 6 :eek:

i'm seeing that template often now, i think it costs $39

tim

netik

Their SEO must be terrible. I have their site not appearing until page 8 when searching for health insurance, and it's not even the home page which ranks!

You'd think that a company that brands itself with such an impressive generic domain would put more into SEO.

They don't need SEO at the moment. They getting all the leads from iSelect (they are connected) and iSelect ranks for everything...

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo