What's new

Happy with my first Geo domain

Billy01

Top Contributor
Thank you

Thanks mate I thought it was only $69 billion they are going to move through it.

$70bill sounds a little better I guess ;)

Billy01

Top Contributor
Seriously though Shaun

He's in Hong Kong bedding down his $3 billion float and has just become Aussie Richest man. Put a figure on them for me please I'm crap at this part.:eek:

marketingweb

Top Contributor
I'm far from an expert at valuing Geo's, however I would think that i could be worth either regfee (just), or possibly a couple thousand depending....

Most Geo's gain value from tourism affiliate links (hotel bookings etc), or local directories - or a combination of the two. They get these from a combination of typeins and being eaiser to rank a site that matches keywords exactly.

In your case - the place has no tourism (that I could see), no typeins to speak of, and not much of a community to build a local directory for (I may be wrong). Hence, regfee only.

The only exception would be if you lucked on some coal/mining company who decided they wanted it, and were willing to pay a couple thousand (pocket change) just because they felt like it. Odds are, knowing most business people, they would just see it was owned and pick something else.

Hope this helps
Matt
Web Marketing

Billy01

Top Contributor
Thank You Ned

Dude to the fact I can't spell a guardian angel has saved my bacon. Yep only worth the reg fee I agree and I'm staying out of geo's due to my dislexia.

neddy

Top Contributor
Dude to the fact I can't spell a guardian angel has saved my bacon.

No worries mate - I hope someone would do the same for me in similar circumstances. I'm looking forward to that nice bottle of red wine! ;)

Jonathan

Top Contributor
Billy, I feel your pain on the mis-spelling... I thought I'd found an awesome unreg'd domain a couple of weeks ago with tens of thousands of monthly exacts.

...and thus was born 'accousticguitar.com.au', with one too many c's. Though it turns out the misspelling was actually reasonably common, with 'accoustic guitar' actually having 720 monthly exacts.

Still, really disappointing. Felt like I just flushed 25 bucks down the toilet.

Oh well, live and learn I guess!

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members