What's new

Hairstyle.com.au

snoopy

Top Contributor
Think it probably has a low chance of finding an enduser, hairstyle type traffic is very low value (very few advertisers) so not sure who would buy it. Gut feeling is a maybe $500 at auction. If I owned it I'd probably ask $5000 perhaps but wouldn't hold my breath.

findtim

Top Contributor
i was talking to another dnt member last year who leased a domain for just 6 months, it was a good domain and i think hairstyle is to the right person for an AD campaign, he was charging i think @ $ 1000 a month for 6 months.

then the company ( as planned) stopped the campaign and the guy kept the domain, all in all WIN WIN i think as he wanted much more to purchase the domain but basically said " well you can use it, but i keep it "

note: he was approached by the company, he didn't source the company, but $6K and live to fight another day isn't to bad IMO

just another way of thinking about domains you own.

tim

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Tim I prefer the term "Hire Domains" ......interesting info though
~
Perhaps a new Hair Gel company may like/want it?

Andrew Wright

Top Contributor
Think it probably has a low chance of finding an enduser, hairstyle type traffic is very low value (very few advertisers) so not sure who would buy it. Gut feeling is a maybe $500 at auction. If I owned it I'd probably ask $5000 perhaps but wouldn't hold my breath.
Traffic may be quite high - but Snoopy's right in that it would be difficult to monetise - mostly users looking for pictures of hairstyles. I sold hairstyle.com a few years back for DBS for a decent amount - so with the right buyer i think you could get five figures. It would have to be the right buyer though.

findtim

Top Contributor
whats the general opinion? add .au and then minus a zero , eg $50k becomes $5K ? at best
tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
whats the general opinion? add .au and then minus a zero , eg $50k becomes $5K ? at best
tim

I think generally it is a much bigger difference than that, 2-3%. There will be lots of exceptions, e.g. short .com's or names that particularly suit .com.au.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member