What's new

gym.com.au

ErezY

Hi All,

The owner of gym.com.au (an old friend of mine) and I are getting together end of the month to talk domain names. As part of this talk we are going to discuss many of my rubbish domain names :( but also we are going to discuss what to do with gym.com.au

Question: What price bracket would you put this domain name in?

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
When you consider the length, the fitness industry. This has to be in the $xx,xxx range
~
They say don't do directory's ......... this would surely create interest ........ if it was a gym/fitness based directory site
~
Every suburb has a number of gyms, then throw in some personal trainers and sports stores ..... etc

findtim

Top Contributor
with such a crowded and competitive market all spending loads on traditional media an edge like this name is an unknown, i'd be going for end user sale, thats where you would attract the best price as it won't come up for sale ever again.
the chains are large enough to swallow this as their own directory, and once you divide 10k by 100 locations its $100, 50 its $200 and whats a membership? $40 a month?

so the break even for them is FAST, very fast.
its a good low to mid 5 figure for me as it ticks all the boxes:
brandable, easy to remember, radio test, just 3 L's, massive amount of potential buyers, rareeeeeee, simple and self explainitory........ the list goes onnnnn
i wouldn't look at developing yourself, sell it and forget it.
tim

Simon Johnson

Top Contributor
I happen to be in this niche market, so I can speak on the subject.

1. The gym chains wont buy it because they are pushing their brand name as a point of differentiation.

2. In terms of value, its worth what someone will pay for it.

This is one of those rare cases where domainers will pay more than an end user. It's a name that will take all your $$$ and sit in a portfolio doing nothing. You are better off selling or trading it.

findtim

Top Contributor
why not to develop?
with a name like that its to "big" unless you are right there in the industry, it would take over a year to get any tracton and $$$$ because of the competition, so my advice was for the easiest best $$ out, a gym chain will eat it up but it will take a long time to get the same profit, maybe 5 years.
my directories are normally small, localised, @ 10-20 advertisers only and the come and go as others say " ohhh thats a good idea, i think i'll do that as well" so i keep moving. at this moment i have none worth speaking of as i am rebuilding into " boutique " directories with mobile phones the focus, lots of girlie stuff as helena is now taking it all on.
having said that i love directories, you just have to get the cart AND the horse at the same time and thats difficult, easiest now to get the traffic first which means you need to not require profit quickly.
tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members