What's new

Great news! .au COR 6 month restriction gone 10th November!

bradderick

I saw that too. I am glad enough people made enough noise to finally get rid of this unnecessary restriction.

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
Congrats again to those who were on the Secondary Market Working Group panel, you should be proud :)

Last edited:

DomainNames

Top Contributor
great news.. next to go should be need for abn, acn, trademarks..etc... and an independant 30 day appeal process for auda policy delete decisions...great work Auda on your good policy changes lately...more to come please!

also needed is Free COR - Change of Registrant should be free and just use the existing time period left on the domain name. ( same as .com ). COR can be done online now without the need for any admin effort of registrar/ reseller so it could be free if Auda makes registrants able to use existing domain registration period left.

Come on Auda change this COR please so its Free. The reasons to charge are gone now

http://www.metahead.com/how-to-push-a-go-daddy-domain-name we need this same process here! Its free and fast. I believe Enetica already does it but Auda makes people do a new 2 year registration. If Auda uses the existing domain period left there would be no reason to charge. ( auda makes a fee from every name registered / every COR at the moment)

Last edited:

joe

Top Contributor
i was happy enough to hear this news but even moreso after finding out an hour later that a domain I've agreed to purchase is still subject to the 6 month restriction.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
There should be a facebook "like" button on that post... it'd be the most popular things AUDA has ever done.

techmo

Top Contributor
Heartening news. Now to tackle the one-sided policies on domain name 'monetisation' and the domaining industry in general.

Just my 5 cents here (We don't have 2 cents in Australia anymore ;) ) - in my opinion, 'monetisation' is a deliberate term AUDA have employed in an attempt to deligitemise the domaining industry.

I am very new to the industry, but it seems clear to me that domaining is like any other business and industry involving speculation, calculated risk and purchases - if person A thinks of idea A first, person A owns idea A.

The fact that AUDA seem to be going out of their way to hinder legimtimate, creative and business savvy domaining operators tells me who they really care about representing most. Hint: it's not us.

sydneyduo

This is great news indeed!

Now to resurrect some negotiations that were scuppered by this 6 month rule previously...

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
great news.. next to go should be need for abn, acn, trademarks..etc... and an independant 30 day appeal process for auda policy delete decisions...great work Auda on your good policy changes lately...more to come please!

also needed is Free COR - Change of Registrant should be free and just use the existing time period left on the domain name. ( same as .com ). COR can be done online now without the need for any admin effort of registrar/ reseller so it could be free if Auda makes registrants able to use existing domain registration period left.

Come on Auda change this COR please so its Free. The reasons to charge are gone now

http://www.metahead.com/how-to-push-a-go-daddy-domain-name we need this same process here! Its free and fast. I believe Enetica already does it but Auda makes people do a new 2 year registration. If Auda uses the existing domain period left there would be no reason to charge. ( auda makes a fee from every name registered / every COR at the moment)

Why would you wish to register someone elses trademark ?

Whilst some are vague there are some that are just asking for trouble, google , facebook ..........etc

I can't see the option of regging those name to be a good thing :confused:

neddy

Top Contributor
This is wonderful that a date has been set - and it can only be terrific for our market. Little by little we are getting there. :)

Soj and I were invited to participate on this auDA Secondary Market Working Group - along with another member on here (BrettF from NetRegistry).
It feels great to have been part of a significant rule change.

Elliot Silver from Elliots Blog fame very kindly invited me to do a guest article on the Aussie market. You can read it here:

http://www.elliotsblog.com/guest-post-with-ned-omeara-aussie-domain-market-news-8823

Cheers, Ned (Admin)

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Why would you wish to register someone elses trademark ?

Whilst some are vague there are some that are just asking for trouble, google , facebook ..........etc

I can't see the option of regging those name to be a good thing :confused:

Hi Spacey just to clarify what is says is you dont need an abn, acn, trademark to app;ly for a .com.au. Nothing about going and registering trademarks as domain names if you dont own the Tm etc.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Hi Spacey just to clarify what is says is you dont need an abn, acn, trademark to app;ly for a .com.au. Nothing about going and registering trademarks as domain names if you dont own the Tm etc.

You mean allow an ordinary Australian to run a personal blog off a com.au or a net.au? Good Lord - that just makes a mockery of the .au namespace.

They can just keep quiet and use id.au :rolleyes:

However in all seriousness, we know people like this either 'cheat' and use com.au or use a gTLD.

Look at this list for example- http://blogpond.com.au/top-100-australian-blogs-index/

Last edited:

DomainNames

Top Contributor
You mean allow an ordinary Australian to run a personal blog off a com.au or a net.au? Good Lord - that just makes a mockery of the .au namespace.

However in all seriousness, we know people like this either 'cheat' and use com.au or use a gTLD.

Look at this list for example- http://blogpond.com.au/top-100-australian-blogs-index/

LOL. yes exactly!! The "policy" was wrong in the first place and needs to be changed like so many others still... but I suppose having red tape and different .au Policy reviews spread out over many years keeps many in a job, on review boards etc etc...http://www.auda.org.au/about/budget/..... trips to ICANN meetings etc...."Travel $350,000"

Last edited:

Data Glasses

Top Contributor

Cool thanks for clarifying as it did seem a strange comment

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members