1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphing the recent drops

Discussion in 'Drop.com.au' started by Drop.com.au, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Drop.com.au

Drop.com.au Membership: VIP

Hi Guys,

Thought that the following graphs illustrating Drop.com.au's recent performance may be of interest to DnTrade readers...

[​IMG]

As you can see we've recently improved our performance on contested domains (domains where both drop platforms are competing for the same name) while we are still largely below 100% on average price (the value of the winning bids for each contested domain on each of the platforms divided by two).

So to sum up, currently (again I'm wary of "counting our chickens"), we are more likely to catch the domains you want and for less money. And of course we'll be doing everything that we can to ensure that we remain competitive on an ongoing basis.

Andrew

4 people like this.
  2. chris

chris Administrator

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Thanks for sharing this Andrew, well done and congrats to the team at Drop.

This is great news for the industry :)

Cheers,
    Chris

1 person likes this.
  3. neddy

neddy Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    I'm sure I speak for many when I say how pleased I am to see your recent successes. Well done.

Australia needs at least two competitive "dropcatchers", and I've admired how you've hung in there whilst Netfleet was totally dominant.

But what most of us appreciate more than anything is the total transparency your platform offers. Displayed bids and live bidding history inspires confidence.

Whilst I and others have been vocal critics of Netfleet in recent times, I hope they come back to the fold - and compete fairly and squarely (like they used to do).

1 person likes this.
  4. AnthonyP

AnthonyP Membership: VIP

Well done drop, you certainly have been competitive recently and I look forward to some lively and healthy competition moving forward. Glad you are also committing staff to keep your success rate up.

Netfleet still offers total transparency when it comes to publishing our success and failures after the dropzone is completed.

Is it possible you could publish your $1 failed catches? From memory they do not appear in your "prior" page so I've never been able to compare success rates. I have not checked this recently so I might be mistaken.