What's new

Google's Disavow Tool

James

Top Contributor
Heh heh - very clever and serves the competitor right for just trying to copy rather than innovate.

Regarding negative SEO - I have real doubts it's anywhere near as widespread as people would have you believe. I think it's more of a handy excuse to Google when doing a reconsideration request etc.

I expect when someone says they've been hit by it, Google will think 'yeah, yeah', and assume that the site has done dodgy link building at some stage anyway. Whether it's recorded against the site and has longterm consequences is hard to know...

If you get hit by negative SEO you will know it, we had a client get hit with 2500 spam links in a 48 hour period to key sub pages. This was quite a competitive niche too. You just have to be ontop of it quicly. And tim no one was talking about negative SEO at confrences 6 years ago lol.

James

Top Contributor
desperately trying to find a link that supports my claim, but i stand by my statement.

tim

I can find articles from 2007-2008 on negative SEO, but I remember going to conferences and events back in 2007-2008 no one was talking about Negative SEO to the same degree they are today. Back them people were talking about things like "link wheel" strategies in SEO been good haha

findtim

Top Contributor
I can find articles from 2007-2008 on negative SEO, but I remember going to conferences and events back in 2007-2008 no one was talking about Negative SEO to the same degree they are today. Back them people were talking about things like "link wheel" strategies in SEO been good haha

its now really bugging me :( i'm just trying to remember where i was when i heard it being spoken, its gonna frustrate me all day :confused:

anyway, for anyone interested here is a longggggggg article on disavow, i have no connection with the site as they do try to sell you software

Code:
http://www.noblesamurai.com/blog/seo-news/google-changes-seo-forever-with-it’s-disavow-link-tool-what-you-need-to-do-right-now-3261/

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member