What's new

google places addresses

findtim

Top Contributor
i have a client that is having trouble with google places or whatever they call it on any given day !!!!

she is on level 1 of a building, but other businesses are as well, even when we tried suite 4 level 1 google wants to verify via post not phone.

she also runs another business from the same location with a different phone number but the address is not allowed.

why can google not consider that multiple businesses could be run from 1 location?

does anyone know how to get around this ?

i've even tried "suite 4a" to no avail.

i have another client that has a studio where she rents out offices to others and they are having the same problem, she has good google places listings but one of her rental clients tried to create their places and got blocked, we asked them to stop so we didn't risk losing our position even though they are in a different vertical.

i just keep coming across this issue, multi business with 1 address, or a business with no real address eg: a signwriter that works all across melbourne but lives in the dandenong hills

he has no "melbourne" address but services it 90% of his time.

frustrating

tim

helloworld

Top Contributor
Do they have a shared reception ? I'd just use the floor level tbh and then ensure her citations outweigh everyone elses. It works.

James

Top Contributor
If Suite does not work try an address format like the following -

Instead of Suite 11 - 109 random street

Input 11/109 random street.

Do not put the level in.

Also if you are trying to input random keyword terms not related to the business into the name they will knock it back as well.

JAmes

findtim

Top Contributor
thanks james, further research seems to point to google targeting the phone number more then the address.

i'd be interested to have feedback on that problem.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members