1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

google places addresses

Discussion in 'SEO & SEM Discussions' started by findtim, Oct 17, 2014.

1. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    i have a client that is having trouble with google places or whatever they call it on any given day !!!!

she is on level 1 of a building, but other businesses are as well, even when we tried suite 4 level 1 google wants to verify via post not phone.

she also runs another business from the same location with a different phone number but the address is not allowed.

why can google not consider that multiple businesses could be run from 1 location?

does anyone know how to get around this ?

i've even tried "suite 4a" to no avail.

i have another client that has a studio where she rents out offices to others and they are having the same problem, she has good google places listings but one of her rental clients tried to create their places and got blocked, we asked them to stop so we didn't risk losing our position even though they are in a different vertical.

i just keep coming across this issue, multi business with 1 address, or a business with no real address eg: a signwriter that works all across melbourne but lives in the dandenong hills

he has no "melbourne" address but services it 90% of his time.

frustrating

tim

2. helloworld

helloworld Membership: VIP

Do they have a shared reception ? I'd just use the floor level tbh and then ensure her citations outweigh everyone elses. It works.

3. James

James Membership: VIP

If Suite does not work try an address format like the following -

Instead of Suite 11 - 109 random street

Input 11/109 random street.

Do not put the level in.

Also if you are trying to input random keyword terms not related to the business into the name they will knock it back as well.

JAmes

4. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    thanks james, further research seems to point to google targeting the phone number more then the address.

i'd be interested to have feedback on that problem.

tim