What's new

Google "Guarantee" Adwords

DrApple

Google shut down an AdWords campaign a couple weeks ago.

They initially sent a link to a vague page about a whole bunch of reasons they might disapprove and advert.
I contact them and got clarification that they required a disclaimer for the testimonial says your personal experience may be different. I specifically asked them if the Money back guarantee was ok and was told yes.

So I added a full page disclaimer and submitted it for review. They still refused to run the campaign because they said we used the words "Guaranteed or your money back" on the page. I said I was told "Money back guarantees" are ok. He went off and double checked this and said yes "Money back guarantee" is ok but not "Guaranteed or your money back".

Now I was eating dinner and watching TV at the time of the call so I got the shits at that point and told him where to go. All their calls have been on weekends and after hours.

So I can see maybe there is a very slight difference in meaning but am I wrong that they are being ridiculously pedantic?

geodomains

Top Contributor
Remember their motto " do no evil " it's a load of sh#t . They are the biggest search engine in the world and do whatever they like.
Telling them where to go probably didn't help, but I can feel for you.
Don

snoopy

Top Contributor
Just change the wording to "Money back guarantee".

"Guaranteed or your money back" doesn't make sense to me.

DrApple

It is part of a design element with a heading of Results. "Results - Money back guarantee" does not read as well. Some guy in India working for a tax dodging megacorp telling me what order I'm allowed to put words in.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member