1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Google and Sedo

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Beatzones, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Beatzones

Beatzones Membership: Community

Hi,

I was wondering when I type food city or foodcity into google and use both "pages from Australia" and "the web" the domain foodcity.com.au appears?
    I am intending to build a site for it but have not yet done anything with it.
    This doesn't happen with any of my other domains on sedo?

Regards,
    Rus

2. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    google will always FORCE you back to australia, try firefox and and add on called "google global" , it works for me but others have said it doesn't for them"

i hope i understood your question?

tim

3. Beatzones

Beatzones Membership: Community

Hey Tim,

My question wasn't very explained very well.

I was more questioning about when I type in food city why my domain even shows up on the first page of google?
    Because none of my other domains which I have parked on sedo can even be found when I type them into google.
    But foodcity.com.au shows up on the top of the list when I click pages from Australia?

Is it because it's not really a common search phrase and the domain is stronger in search results?

4. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    i'd think its because its not a common search term, check your analytics for volume

especailly considering there are no other .com.au's on the results page for me

tim

5. helloworld

helloworld Membership: VIP

Few reasons.
    Site is indexed. Has (dodgy) internal links that are manipulating the result. Low/no search volume. MOstly the last one though.