What's new

Google Alphabet

snoopy

Top Contributor
Good for the .xyz registry though I don't think it will change the situation for anyone else, aside from the owners of some of those obvious spill domains like alphabet.com, abcxyz.com etc.

James

Top Contributor
Alphabet INC is the name of the new Google holding company you think they would spend a few million to acquire the .com at least for trading reasons. Unless the fleet management company wanted 100 million or something lol.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Alphabet INC is the name of the new Google holding company you think they would spend a few million to acquire the .com at least for trading reasons. Unless the fleet management company wanted 100 million or something lol.

Being owned BMW, I think it would cost them a lot of money. I don't know how big that leasing business is but they'd probably have a hard job convincing BMW to rebrand something. "Alphabet" is the kind of name where they could have come up with 100 other alternatives, so seems strange to me they would have gone with a name where they haven't locked down anything at all. In my view what they are using as a domain is completely illogical. I wonder if they are going to be changing the name again in the next few years.

chris

Top Contributor
They have a good sense of humour, check out the easter egg:

Go to http://abc.xyz and then click the full stop after "drone delivery effort".

If you've seen the show Silicon Valley, you'll like it ;)

chris

Top Contributor
In my view what they are using as a domain is completely illogical. I wonder if they are going to be changing the name again in the next few years.

Definitely an unusual move, like you say - it could very well change down the track.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member