What's new

Google Ads Question

snoopy

Top Contributor
What is it showing instead? Most common reason would be that the account is set to show a blank space instead of public service ads.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
www.negligenceclaim.com.au shows the header google ads all the time but the two other ad placings sometimes are not there ? yet when i go to privacy page they are always there ? but i will check on what you said , cheers

although when i just checked they were appearing ?

DavidL

Top Contributor
I think Google might be having a hard time identifiying the theme of your site for some reason.

The ads I see are ANZ Visa (they are going really hard atm - see them everywhere), a driving school, a towing service and a webdesign ad.

If Google doesn't have any advertisers to meet the subject, they won't show anything so that's maybe why, at times you don't see any.

I'd suggest adding a few more very obviously competitive search terms into your copy - like lawyers, compensation etc.

Saying that though I've seen sites with lesser content getting perfectly matched ads so maybe it's something about the site architecture?

snoopy

Top Contributor
I think Google might be having a hard time identifiying the theme of your site for some reason.

The ads I see are ANZ Visa (they are going really hard atm - see them everywhere), a driving school, a towing service and a webdesign ad.

If Google doesn't have any advertisers to meet the subject, they won't show anything so that's maybe why, at times you don't see any.

I'd suggest adding a few more very obviously competitive search terms into your copy - like lawyers, compensation etc.

Saying that though I've seen sites with lesser content getting perfectly matched ads so maybe it's something about the site architecture?

I'm getting ads for mechanics, seat belts and traffic updates so there seems to be some wrong with the targeting.

soj

Founder
One thing I have noticed with adsense lately is that they are targeting sites that I have been to before. I have visited a lot of Forex sites, so the majority of my ads that show up on ANY site which has adsense seems to show up Forex ads. This could be the reason that you are seeing the ANZ ads everywhere david. Not because they are putting in a huge amount of advertising, but because they are targeted specifically to you.

DavidL

Top Contributor
One thing I have noticed with adsense lately is that they are targeting sites that I have been to before. I have visited a lot of Forex sites, so the majority of my ads that show up on ANY site which has adsense seems to show up Forex ads. This could be the reason that you are seeing the ANZ ads everywhere david. Not because they are putting in a huge amount of advertising, but because they are targeted specifically to you.

Yes - pretty amazing technology. I have been spending a bit of time around credit card & debit cards sites too (working on www.debitcard.com.au) so that makes sense.

FPR's been well and truly busted!

Rhythm

Top Contributor
I'm getting ads from single girls available for chat!

When I had FB I kept getting these ads on my account exclusively until I unchecked "Single" in the profile settings.

Then I kept getting ads on just about everything else.

I remember a phase where I only ever saw banner ads from 2 companies, namely Dotster and Crazy Domains. That was perhaps the most targeted advertising I have ever received.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
went back again only one of three ad spots working, strange the second page privacy policy always has ads , i did think because of it being a new site but i had another site that was a few months old doing the same thing .........stumped

James

Top Contributor
It is because this website is a MFA you have 1 page of content several out going links and a privacy policy page.

I could re do your content to make it domain specific and add like 6 pages to the website and see what happens.

soj

Founder
Try using the Adsense section targeting to target your main content for your ads.

HTML:
<!-- google_ad_section_start -->
Site Content
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
Yes - pretty amazing technology. I have been spending a bit of time around credit card & debit cards sites too (working on www.debitcard.com.au) so that makes sense.

FPR's been well and truly busted!

more likely that ad was targeting the lowest common denominator :eek:

I've noticed what soj was talking about aswell, I did a bit of research into forex a while back and for ages the targeted ads where popping up everywhere.

Same thing happening in another niche I dabble in.. kind of annoying because I like to observe different methods of online advertising and that technology shields me from it in a way.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
It is because this website is a MFA you have 1 page of content several out going links and a privacy policy page.

I could re do your content to make it domain specific and add like 6 pages to the website and see what happens.

thanks for the offer but it's only a day old , more content will go in the future

You mention pages but what about ongoing posts i wonder ?

i wonder if the template has anything to do with it , i did another onepage site last week and the ads seem ok

Just getting a start for now , thanks for all opinions ! cheers

.......go Pies :D

Last edited:

davids

Top Contributor
meaning ? i place the topic in there ?

Nah, for example if you have a car website, and this specific page you want it to target the text on commodores, you'd do something like:

HTML:
Here is the usual text from my car website, purple cars, blue cars, red cars, orange cars.

The Commodore is an Australian car sold by Holden. There are many Commodores for sale in Melbourne, some in Sydney, etc. Holden also sell Astras and other cars.

Though Fords are other cars that aren't fun for the purpose of this page, so I don't want my ads targetting them.

zway

more likely that ad was targeting the lowest common denominator :eek:

I've noticed what soj was talking about aswell, I did a bit of research into forex a while back and for ages the targeted ads where popping up everywhere.

Same thing happening in another niche I dabble in.. kind of annoying because I like to observe different methods of online advertising and that technology shields me from it in a way.

It's referred to as remarketing. It's a pretty common practice these days on the display network. It's usually used for traffic that didn't reach a defined conversion goal such as making a purchase or signing up to the newsletter.

Annoying but extremely effective!

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Nah, for example if you have a car website, and this specific page you want it to target the text on commodores, you'd do something like:

HTML:
Here is the usual text from my car website, purple cars, blue cars, red cars, orange cars.

The Commodore is an Australian car sold by Holden. There are many Commodores for sale in Melbourne, some in Sydney, etc. Holden also sell Astras and other cars.

Though Fords are other cars that aren't fun for the purpose of this page, so I don't want my ads targetting them.

i have looked in the page template, style sheet and theme functions but cannot find any reference to this code ? .....any ideas

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo