What's new

good value ??

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
to be honest not too fussed about apraisals for this , just surprised netfleet gave value.net.au a ranking of 14 ??

Shaun

Top Contributor
I think there needs to be someone who starts a valuing service, based on all the calculations and facts.

Could charge a fee to do this but would anyone pay?

You could even give a certificate saying that this domain has been independently valued!

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
The domain appears with the righthand side saying quality , sorry but to me it influences the prospective buyer to believe this relates to the domain name , not the way it is listed , i think this feature is of no purpose what so ever , why would a buyer care about the quality of a listing ?, they just want a good name that suits their needs ...simple

DavidL

Top Contributor
Well it's our attempt at getting the best quality listings to the top of the pile. Nobody likes trawling through 10's of 1,000's of domains to find the gems.

It also tries to sort the motivated & the realistic buyers from the rest (which relates to the other thread going on at the mo about unresponsive sellers). Those that take the time to enter a good description, realistic target price, low starting price etc etc and perhaps even promote the listing will quickly rise to the top.

It's not quite Google Pagerank but it kinda works :)

Honan

Top Contributor
Well it's our attempt at getting the best quality listings to the top of the pile. Nobody likes trawling through 10's of 1,000's of domains to find the gems.

It also tries to sort the motivated & the realistic buyers from the rest (which relates to the other thread going on at the mo about unresponsive sellers). Those that take the time to enter a good description, realistic target price, low starting price etc etc and perhaps even promote the listing will quickly rise to the top.

It's not quite Google Pagerank but it kinda works :)
David, you know I am a huge fan of www.netfleet.com.au
However, IMO,:
Something is not quite right with QI when dreams.com.au with a target price of 10 million bucks and very few views gets 84 while anglers.net.au gets 14 and value.net.au only gets 14
The QI system despises .net.au ( unlike most Australians who flock to abc.net.au and other net.au )
Can you find me a dot net au that has a reasonable QI ?

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
i opened netfleet and looked at the frontpage , if i was new to the site i would read it as the way i have described , the quality of the name , please note the name does not have a price to influence a 'quality rating' sorry but i wont change my views on this name that is listed in the shopping section / general ,,,, the best place for it

DavidL

Top Contributor
Yeah that does seem a bit off doesn't it.

We probably did undervalue net.au's when we first set up the formula. Personally the success with net.au sales took me by surprise (and had me cursing the fact I didn't register more several years ago!!) so we probably stuffed up a bit there.

Let me look into it & see if we can rectify that. Might take a couple of weeks as the formula is somewhat unwieldy!

FYI there are a bunch of net.au's with QI in the 90's. Just check the net.au category & you'll see them.

johno69

Top Contributor
Surely as a prospective buyer you don't need a ranking system to tell you if the name is quality or not.

It's about what you want in a name that ranks the quality to you.

The beauty is in the eye of the beholder, not the ranking system.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Yes but as I said before it can be a nightmare to sort the wheat from the chaff.

The more domains you have the bigger the problem. When we have 200,000 domains it's going to be even worse.

I'm a believer in this concept, even if we don't have it quite right at the moment.

Maybe we could make it a little less prominent though if you think the average joe just relates it to domain quality??

johno69

Top Contributor
I like it how it is, seems to work for me.

Although the results I get at times when searching for keywords make me scratch my head as to why they are in the results.

Billy01

Top Contributor
More emphasis on .net.au please

I sold one last week so Netfleet is great for me but I got
caveat.net.au yesterday and it scored at 42. Bummer.

Oz.

Top Contributor
I'm not sure if I have followed this thread properly, I just skimmed, so forgive me if my idea makes no sense, but perhaps use the quality score behind the scenes only (for rankings) and not display it.

johno69

Top Contributor
search "Pool"

3 of the top 4 results are:

1 - eplscores.com.au

3 - lotter.com.au

4 - godiy.com.au

I guess it depends on the keyword but to me they aren't real relevant.

DavidL

Top Contributor
I sold one last week so Netfleet is great for me but I got
caveat.net.au yesterday and it scored at 42. Bummer.

Billy, set a target price (even an optimistic one is better than none) & wait for it to clock a few views and you'll see an improvement. Stick a 'for sale' banner on the domain & that will dramatically increase the views AND your chance of selling it (PM me if you need more info on this)

I'm not sure if I have followed this thread properly, I just skimmed, so forgive me if my idea makes no sense, but perhaps use the quality score behind the scenes only (for rankings) and not display it.

That could be an option, if people are misinterpreting it. We'll have a think about it. Thanks.

Can't keep every happy all the time :)

Too true!

if i type in cars and cars come up for me to search i am happy , my choice good from bad

Yeah but if you search cars in Netfleet, you get about 1200 results.

If you sort by Quality score the top 10 are as follows:

macarthur.com.au Make Offer
thecarddesigner.com.au $40
cars.net.au Make Offer
socialcare.com.au $1,100
caraudio.com.au $5,000
gascars.com.au $1,100
seacargo.com.au $200
cartridgesalvage.com.au $50
australiancaravantourin... $99
carracing.com.au Make Offer
autoline.com.au Make Offer

By and large decent domains or at least domains with realistic expectations, I think.

Now the bottom domains by quality score are as follows:

carpet-cleaning-manly.c... $1,500
carpet-cleaning-epping.... $1,500
carpet-cleaning-mosman.... $3,000
creditcardsonline.net.au $20,000
used-car-sales.net.au $500
car-loans4u.com.au $2,200
car-insurance4u.com.au $2,200
cars-4-sale.com.au $2,200
cars-online.net.au $900
car-loan4u.com.au $2,200

Surely, as a potential buyer, you'd rather see the top 10? Might be hard to find the gems sorting through those 1200 domains.

That's the idea anyway. It's not to judge people's domains- just to try and match buyers and sellers :)

DavidL

Top Contributor
search "Pool"

3 of the top 4 results are:

1 - eplscores.com.au

3 - lotter.com.au

4 - godiy.com.au

I guess it depends on the keyword but to me they aren't real relevant.

Yeah does look a bit weird. However if you're interested, this is why they showed up:

eplscores.com.au - English Premier League Scores. When you bet on these in UK it's called playing the 'pools'

2) lotter.com.au - similar - the seller actually listed 'pools' as a KW for the domain

3) godiy.com.au - the seller listed the only KW as 'pool fencing'

So I guess this begs the question - should we not use seller's KW for search? Are they likely to be too unreliable or gamed?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo