What's new

GoDaddy CEO shoots elephant!

James

Top Contributor
Saw this in the morning, what an idiot....

Why not make some adequate fencing in the village with all your money bob, not going to kill all the animals...

payattention

Archived Member
I don't see what the big issue is. Sure, it's a total PR disaster but the villagers butchered the elephant and used it as food, it didn't go to waste. They've probably been eating Babar for thousands of years. Bob Parsons is loco so this doesn't surprise me, probably filmed and uploaded it online for this specific reaction.

Oz.

Top Contributor
Saw that mentioned on Facebook a few days ago. Very surprised to see it picked up in The Age/SMH as well.

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
I shouldn't be plugging a competitor but quite an interesting move by Namecheap. Do you have any com's you want to renew or transfer?

Namecheap Blog http://community.namecheap.com/blog/
Transfer for $4.99 and Help Save the Elephants

It’s not often that we would disagree publicly with a competitor, but we at Namecheap are very disturbed by this video of a competitor killing an elephant for sport

We’ve decided to throw our support behind our Elephant friends by offering domain transfers at a price where we actually lose money.
Show your protest by saying BYEBYEGD again and transfer your domains to Namecheap for $4.99 for the next 24 hours through 11:59pm EST on 3/31/11 (limit 10 per user, valid for all com/net/org domains): Update: This coupon has been extended and will run through 11:59pm EST on 4/1/11.

On top of that, we’ll donate $1 for each transfer to Save The Elephants at http://www.savetheelephants.org/

Use coupon code BYEBYEGD and let’s help the Elephants together!

Cheers

Andrew

Ash

Top Contributor
I stand corrected... didn't bother to read the article/watch the video.

That's disgraceful!

James

Top Contributor
I don't see what the big issue is. Sure, it's a total PR disaster but the villagers butchered the elephant and used it as food, it didn't go to waste. They've probably been eating Babar for thousands of years. Bob Parsons is loco so this doesn't surprise me, probably filmed and uploaded it online for this specific reaction.

The thing I feel bad is that elephants really have feelings, they remember things for years.

If he wanted to do good for the brand go put every one in Godaddy hats and go give them a bunch of food you paid for, you don't need to run out and kill a bunch of near endangered animals to feed people.

It just gives me the feeling that if these guys are acting like cowboys with real world, what is to say they are going to act like a cowboy with my domains.

I mean they already do dodgy shit with buying .com's/nets of your domains and trying to push them at crazy inflated prices...

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member