What's new

Given up on Spin Your Web

Snooks

Top Contributor
I said that i would advise the DNtrade forum of the final out come regarding the site we were having built by Spin Your Web.

Sadly, after way too many not returned calls, after emails not being asnwered and after the final work not being completed,, we have now removed the partially unfinished site from their server and we are hosting it with Ventraip.

Ive managed to do a few minor things but simply dont have a clue with Magento. Can anyonline recommend a reasonably priced person capable of doing a few final things, like getting the blog functioning.

So after almost 7 months of frustration, Spin Your Web can in no way be recommended, they have provided dreadful service, they have not completed the project and they should not be relied upon or even considered for any projects in the future. :(

dave

This situation just seems to happen far too often with web design companies. Generally when things start getting to the more technical status is when you realise they don't really have a clue what they're doing and that you are actually paying them to learn on the job.

As for Magento, I'm currently in the process of moving away from Interspire Shopping Cart and have spent the past week and a bit trying to get my head around Magento. As someone who has been working on shopping carts since osCommerce was known as "the exchange project" you would think that I should be able to get up and running pretty quickly with a new platform... but I am totally struggling with Magento. It is really just too much hard work to bother with and I think I will be focusing attention on CS Cart from now on.

Snooks

Top Contributor
Not sure how much work has been done already but is woocommerce worth a look?

Woocommerce is ok for very small shopping sites (I have 2) but for a full blown site with thousands of products and numerous attributes, it doesnt even rank:(

Im afraid we've gone way too far....about $6000 now and with my friend the owner of the site nowback in hospital, he's been off work 11 weeks and we are now trying to refinance and save his home........Thats why im involved.

We managed to run up some sales over Christmas which eased the bank issue for 3 months, but i need to get the site working how it should so his wife can help do the small things....i just dont have the time to run a full blown site for him, besides my own committments.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Thanks for letting us know who to avoid, this is very much a reputation industry and if there are bad apples it's great to know who avoid, truly hope things pick up for you guys

Snooks

Top Contributor
Thanks for the thought Spacey :)

Yep, hate to see anyone bitten.....just to clarify, financially it hasnt cost me, its a friends site. I just dont like friends being stuffed around or robbed:(

At least no one else in here will get touched so thats a positive thing.

Cheers :)

Snooks

Top Contributor
I just wanted to make a final post on this issue and advise of the outcome.

After the terrible performance of Spin Your Web, we engaged the services of johno69

His task was to rectify all known problems, implement some new features and just generally turn a heap of crap into a functional and engaging website.

Im delighted to state that Paul has done exactly this. The site is now what my friend wanted, it has the features that he wanted and at this stage, all bugs have been removed. My mate is delighted with Pauls performance and he tells me that Paul returns calls, answers emails and does tasks promptly, whilst charging a fair rate for great work.

What more can you ask?

So there we are.....the site is finished, its earning money and we hopefully can do a lot more work with Paul in the future:)

Ash

Top Contributor
Nice work Paul and glad to hear it worked out in the end for you and your mate snooks.

soj

Founder
After the terrible performance of Spin Your Web,

From the home page of their web site:

So Why Spin Your Web:
Hourly & Fixed rate pricing
Experienced technicians
Guaranteed Rttesults
Affordable
100% Customer Satisfaction

No wonder they couldn't give you "results" - they didn't offer it in the first place. Ha ha! :D

(I don't mean to make light of the situation for your friend Snooks - it's just that if SYW can't even do a basic spell check on their home page, they are fairly useless to start with!).

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member