What's new

Givemeyourlist.com.au

soj

Founder
I just saw this great intro on Flying Solo about a lady called Debbie who has started up a personal concierge business in Melbourne.

She has a wonderful website, and I'm sure she'll do really well. :)

Please have a look!

http://givemeyourlist.com.au/

johno69

Top Contributor
I'm seeing more and more long keyword domains in the media and ranking where as the general thought has always been generic one word domains rule the roost.

I saw something like: GetAWebsiteThatWorksForYou.com.au is one example that was doing fine.

So yes while I think names like boxing.com.au, banking.com.au etc are great, they are not the be all and end all when it comes to choosing a domain.

This GiveMeYourList.com.au is another example. How much search traffic they get I guess will be lower in most cases. But it comes down to your plan of attack.

That said, i'm still in the mindset generic is better. I'd take poker.com.au over findpoker.com.au any day of the week.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Ah I see. No domain on it's own is going to guarantee success - just like buying the best possible retail space in the busiest shopping centre will not guarantee sales, however it does help get the punters to consider your product in the first place.

Regarding this domain in question - I think it's a great domain. It's quirky, easy to remember and easy to spell. For this particular industry, I doubt there is much search traffic to try and take advantage of so worrying about KW and search volume is not that important - as long as the domain is memorable, that's the main thing.

As you said it comes down to your plan of attack...

PS Boxing.com.au is awesome - dunno what you're talking about ;)

Shane

Top Contributor
More and more things like this make me think a great domain isn't really all that..

I'm very surprised that this domain makes you feel that way.

I think it's an ordinary domain to be honest. If I heard this on the TV or radio I reckon there's a reasonable chance I would get it wrong. Granted I do have a poor memory, but so do plenty of other people!

PersonalConcierge.com.au on the other hand would be near impossible to forget.

Rankings aside, generics are great because they're memorable and they can make you stand out as the authority in your field.

johno69

Top Contributor
My personal preference is and always will be generics. But just making a point that is doesn't seem to be as big a deal to the masses as it is to us here I think.

Or maybe they just don't know any better.

This domain reminded me of the increasing number of long domains that I wonder "what were they thinking" as they clicked register.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
But just making a point that is doesn't seem to be as big a deal to the masses as it is to us here I think. Or maybe they just don't know any better.
The masses never "know better" that is why they are "the masses"...

;)

A good name makes "a" difference, it does not make "the" difference. That is why domains are valuable.

If a domain name made "the" difference between success and failure online they'd be selling for 100 times what they are currently.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I used to walk past a business 'what i do for you' same type of deal but last week when i walked past .......shop closed, unsure if they had that title as a domain

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
I'm seeing more and more long keyword domains in the media and ranking where as the general thought has always been generic one word domains rule the roost.

Probably the same marketing boffins that advertise facebook pages or 'search for xyz widgets' rather than domains

johnsee

Both search xyz and facebook pages have definite advantages to be had. It's definitely not a bad idea.

It seemed to be a big thing in the myspace age, and I think when myspace died people were a bit wary of making the same mistake with facebook, but facebooks staying power has definitely been proven, and agreed they're once again becoming more prevalent

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo