What's new

Getting Low Ball Offers On NetFleet

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I was just wondering how you guys go about handling low ball offers on netfleet, like when someone offers $50 - $100 for a domain that would probably sell $1000+ at auction.

DavidL

Top Contributor
I try to always respond. Only takes a second so why not. Sometimes people put in super low offers just to see whether the seller is responsive or not before following up with a more genuine attempt.

Or they may just be starting somewhere low which isn't necessarily a waste of time.

Say you'd be happy with selling a domain at $1,000 so you put in a target price of $3,000 - a price you'd be over the moon with. Say someone makes an offer of $100, that means you're starting out at $100 vs $3,000. If you met in the middle that would be a great outcome.

What I don't like is when the subsequent offers inch up by a tiny amount.

johno69

Top Contributor
You should always respond.

As a buyer, why not offer lowball?

I picked up a domain last week for <$400 which I was happy to pay a lot more for.

Sometimes the seller accepts your offer, if not they usually respond with a counter.

Shane

Top Contributor
I agree with David and Johno. Just because someone starts with a low offer doesn't mean they won't go considerably higher. It only takes a minute to go back to them, and what do you have to lose?

DomainNames

Top Contributor
would a $300 or $500 minimum bid be better for netfleet?

Would be good to be able to set your own minimum offer for all the names you have for sale

johno69

Top Contributor
would a $300 or $500 minimum bid be better for netfleet?

I like on other sites when you make a lowball offer it returns a message saying offer too low, we will only contact the owner with offers over $X.

If the current registrant can set their own min limit that would be ideal.

paz

I suppose then that someone could slowly increment until they find the minimum and get more of an idea of what you're willing to accept.

Maybe max 3 offers?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members