What's new

Geo Site Development

neddy

Top Contributor
I've been meaning to post this for ages.

As an owner of geo names, I have always been on the lookout for other sites that have done their development well.

One trend that I have noticed in recent time is for some overseas based sites to offer email addresses as part of their monetisation policy. They have different rates
for personal email addresses as opposed to commercial addresses.

e.g. ned @ chicago.com - https://identity.chicago.com/

or ned @ nashville.com - https://identity.nashville.com/

I've mentioned this to a couple of people in the past - but thought I would share it with everyone. It's definitely worth considering.

Ron Jackson from DNJournal.com wrote a great article about it. Definitely worth a read!

acheeva

Top Contributor
Geo / Identity Emails

There are a few operators in the AU market

One I have spoken to has sold (licensed) over 500 email addresses at prices I never thought would be possble

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
Very interesting. I hold some pure geos so the though of email leasing/licensing is one I'll have to further investigate.

@acheeva. What kind of $ per email are we talking? (if okay to reveal that is). :)

neddy

Top Contributor
chicago sells for $79 a year or $9 a month !

You sure? I think that is monthly.

Different names are different values - I plugged in a couple of different ones. I don't think it is as cheap as $9 / month.

findtim

Top Contributor
i put in "findtim" and thats th eprices it gave me, as you said it came up with a screen that said " calculating " your price, so it probably went "findtim ? dickhead ..... give it to him for $9"

maybe Oprah would cost me more?

tim

neddy

Top Contributor
i put in "findtim" and thats th eprices it gave me, as you said it came up with a screen that said " calculating " your price, so it probably went "findtim ? dickhead ..... give it to him for $9"

Yes, you're right. But who would want a name like "findtim"? :p

Check what tim@chicago.com.au costs.

Shane

Top Contributor
Are there any other providers of this type of service for domain owners? I previously used another company for one of my domains, but they shut down years ago.

The one mentioned in the article seems to be concentrating on the top end of the market.

johno69

Top Contributor
One thing you'd have to be careful of is one user using it for spamming and getting your domain added to any blacklists out there.

Screwing it up for everyone else.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members