What's new

Geo Domain Strategy

FilthyCro

When people purchase geo domains what is there general strategy for monetising them?

The only real value I can see in them is if you create directories of local businesses.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Tourism Geo's are probably the best type - ask Don. Lots of ways to monetise with travel affiliate stuff like flights, car hire & hotels.

Also Geo+Product domains often offer great value for a very targeted monetisation strategy

Shane

Top Contributor
I have a reasonable number of geo domains which are making money, although mine are generally more 'normal' suburbs rather than tourist destinations.

Mine aren't directory sites, but more so information portals. I use the GAKT to see what people are searching for in a particular area, and just create pages accordingly.

In terms of monetising I'm just using Adsense at this stage, although I have had a couple of direct advertisers approach me in the past for short term campaigns which paid okay.

And finally, I always stick to geos where I actually know the area. This enables me to properly write about the area rather than just filling the site with generic junk content.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo