What's new

GAWT closing down

findtim

Top Contributor
i just saw this today, maybe i am behind the times

"In the coming months, the external Keyword Tool will no longer be available. To get keyword ideas, sign in to your AdWords account and try Keyword Planner."

tim

James

Top Contributor
Yeah it is closing down, Keyword Planner is ok but it is no where good as GKT in terms of providing data.

People are moving to 3rd party tools like SEMRush to gain more data.

Or you can always use internal search for keyword ideas and content ideas.

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
Google Adwords Keyword Planner (https://adwords.google.com/ko/KeywordPlanner/Home) does pretty much everything I need, so I'm not particularly worried. It seems a little less user friendly to me, but I'm still getting used to it.

I'm not surprised they've made this change, I was always surprised that you could use GAKT without signing in to an account.

Apparently GAKP has a number of improvements in the search numbers etc, so accuracy should be better.

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
Here's a quick comparison of search numbers between the two (GAKT and GAKP):

Average monthly searches, global, exact match

GAKT

Cucina Italiana: 27,100
Tennessee Whiskey: 6,600
Alsace Lorraine: 12,100

GAKP

Cucina Italiana: 33,100
Tennessee Whiskey: 14,800
Alsace Lorraine: 18,100

It seems that numbers will be higher under GAKP, this has been the case for all the terms I've checked so far.

latin_sydney

Looks like its just the same old stuff, now repackaged with an even clunkier interface.
Its designed to get you to look at as few keywords and possible so you just give up already and trust google with your ad spend via broad match.

petermeadit

Top Contributor
No doubt Google is trying to get as many people as possible to use adwords. After posting $14.9 billion dollars for the quarter, it is easy to see their focus is generating revenue.

IMO it is hard to see how any Marketing or SEO campaign can seriously play in the big space without utilizing adwords at some point during the campaign.

After speaking with an adwords professional, it seems the adwords keyword data is now a lot more valuable than it ever was.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member